T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone

12357

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 122
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

     

    It’s pretty clear a cleaner team from PR helped him take the photo of the refrigerator-toaster as part of its refrigerator-toaster damage control program.


     

    I really hope they don't stop embarrassing themselves with these paid tweets. Makes it so much easier to spot the lies.

  • Reply 82 of 122
    kpomkpom Posts: 617member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post



    So, a non-story then.

     

    I'd have thought that most of these "endorsement" Tweets would be put out by PR departments who would be attuned to the symbolism of posting a promotion for a device from a competitor's device. Do you think Ford would want the actors in its commercials to arrive at an event in a Chevy? 

  • Reply 83 of 122
    splif wrote: »
    He's a CEO. Like you said he could have 3 Samsung devices in front of him if he wanted. (that was your last argument...wasn't it?) So why not use a Samsung device for all those things? I wonder how much a device that holds all of your contacts, meetings, schedule really matters to a CEO (sarcasm)? I wonder why if I was a busy person & could find one device that handled my schedule & other business commitments why It would make sense to have a bunch of different devices lying around to check & sync with all of my actvities? Makes sooooo much more sense! The only one not making sense here is you.

    I'm interested if the CEO could actually use any of the iOS/Android/WindowsPhone8 syncing services for contacts, calendar, email... etc...

    I would assume he has a primary device with a corporate MS exchange account. Which device is that? I doubt it's on every phone he tests. I doubt he uses any Android over WP8 or iOS. Can't envision syncing to Gmail, GCal, etc... What is the current state of MS Exchange on Android, last I saw was bickering back and forth.

    If a CEO wants to tweet about devices, I want to know which device he and T-Mobile security trust with his corporate email, calendar, and contacts.

    That is why this is NOT a non-story. It's a promotion without telling facts. Which device does the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company use on a daily basis, that corporate security approves?

    That would be worth a tweet....
  • Reply 84 of 122
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

     

     

    Oh Dear God, not THE Scott Wilson, the eternal troll of CNet fame?




    I wonder if Scott Wilson is related to toddbottom3 or Loverock Davidson on ZDNET...

  • Reply 85 of 122
    This is pretty funny.
  • Reply 86 of 122
    wigbywigby Posts: 690member
    A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

    Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

    Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

    Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

    This is a nonstory.

    It might be a non story to some but not to those who matter. I used to think that Tim Cook was exaggerating when he spoke of iOS usage and competing devices tucked away in drawers. Does anyone doubt that Apple devices are not only the most used but also the only devices used that don't have some kind of payout or discount associated with them?
  • Reply 87 of 122
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,360member
    Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson as in a very short amount of time I can already tell he is going to annoy me. I'm sure others will be glad of the info as well.
  • Reply 88 of 122
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post



    A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:



    Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!



    Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"



    Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.



    This is a nonstory.



    Scott. We all know you are a Samsung shill. You made your point. Collect your dollar and go back to CNET.

  • Reply 89 of 122
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

     



    No it’s a far more expensive phone ($750 for 16GB), requiring a phone contract to make any sense ($1000 a year). Plus a $299 Gear watch because the Note 3 is too big to take out of your purse just to answer it. 



    But it is funny that the shills are saying that its normal and customary for people to carry $1075 of Samsung crap along with your iPhone. 


    And it even has a small screen mode. The Note 3 is one BIG joke.

  • Reply 90 of 122

    Probably because he was talking on his Note 3 at the time...

  • Reply 91 of 122
    What's the big deal? Everyone I know that has a Note also has a phone. As long as Samsung sells enough to make a profit, who cares? If you don't understand that, clearly it's not the product for you, and you shouldn't care either way.
  • Reply 92 of 122
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Typically AI to write so much copy about nothing, endorsing Apple at the same time. I wonder how much they get payed for their propaganda.
  • Reply 93 of 122
    Where do you work now that you're 15?
  • Reply 94 of 122
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 8,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post



    What's the big deal? Everyone I know that has a Note also has a phone. As long as Samsung sells enough to make a profit, who cares? If you don't understand that, clearly it's not the product for you, and you shouldn't care either way.

    What Fandroids, paid shills and a few others fail to realize, is that they're totally missing the bigger picture, while they pathetically attempt to dismiss this as a "non-story".

     

    This isn't just about this one incident. This is merely one small piece of the greater puzzle, and this highlights the sorry state of Samsung and their deception. It's all fake. Fake benchmarks, fake paid tweets, fake endorsements, fake enthusiasm, fake hype and fake Fandroids. It's all a scam, and I believe that anybody who falls for it is feeble minded and unworthy of being taken seriously.

     

    Apple doesn't have to launch fake and pathetic astroturf campaigns for their products, as there are more than enough people around who will gladly speak highly of Apple's products for free. 

     

    And I definitely think that there are paid shills operating on this forum. I think that a few posters here are fake, as a matter of fact. It's definitely reasonable to assume that Samsung employs people to post on an Apple forum, taking all of the known facts into consideration.

  • Reply 95 of 122
    dacloo wrote: »
    Typically AI to write so much copy about nothing, endorsing Apple at the same time. I wonder how much they get payed for their propaganda.

    It really chaps you degenerate Fandroid scum's asses that Apple doesn't have to pay for word-of-mouth, doesn't it? Poooor widdle fee-fees hurt?
  • Reply 96 of 122
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    As CEO of T-Mobile, he's probably got every Smartphone they sell littering his house. And most of them remain plugged into the mains, showing their lockscreen.

    But even when he 's going to tweet about Samsung, using the Samsung to do it didn't enter his head? That's quite telling.

    As for these pop star folk. I think they're doing it deliberately. They're happy to take a few dollars for a quick tweet, as long as it doesn't make them look uncool.

    "Yup, Samsung make good phones, but as you can see, I use an iPhone."
  • Reply 97 of 122
    CCTV China did an expose about Note 3 couple days ago. The "sudden death" rate is very high. Repair cost from ¥800 to ¥2000 ($120-$350) by the official Samsung dealers in China. They suspect the CPU is the main problem.
  • Reply 98 of 122
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Joelchu View Post



    CCTV China did an expose about Note 3 couple days ago. The "sudden death" rate is very high. Repair cost from ¥800 to ¥2000 ($120-$350) by the official Samsung dealers in China. They suspect the CPU is the main problem.

    That's any new phone. Look at all the defects in the 5S. It's a side effect of a mass produced world. 

  • Reply 99 of 122
    dacloo wrote: »
    Typically AI to write so much copy about nothing, endorsing Apple at the same time. I wonder how much they get payed for their propaganda.

    Really? Would you call it "nothing" if Tim Cook was caught tweeting about how much he loves his iPad 5 from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? You people would make that into a big huge deal: it would be splattered all over Cnet and Engadget and Slashdot for maximum schadenfreude value. Don't pretend this is nothing. You know it isn't.
  • Reply 100 of 122
    That's any new phone. Look at all the defects in the 5S. It's a side effect of a mass produced world. 

    Well, iPhone has a 2% app crash. And you can replace it without paying. When did the Note 3 come out and why customer have to pay? Please explain to me expert about the world's QC issue. Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.