Wall Street pleased by high-profit pricing of Apple's new Retina iPad mini, iPad Air

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

It'll be a very small hit to the financials.

Yes... you and I know that...but thought I'd note to preclude doomsayers who will try to use this FUD to tear Apple down.

• Reply 42 of 47
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    They have until orderability for the Mac Po is turned on sometime around December to get a 4K display done. ;)

Yeah, how about a retina-like desktop resolution, too, while we're at it.

Push push push this slow beast of an industry forward!!
  • Reply 43 of 47
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Remember when considering what Wall Street consider as important.

If your not making making money then you have to sell more than another else and have the largest market share. Thus give up profits for shipping more than anyone else. If you're not doing that then you better have higher margins than anyone else. Selling less if okay as long was your margins are higher than anyone else.

The problem is Apple sits in the middle of these two paradigm which analysis hate, Apple does not sell more than everyone in all cases at 10% margins nor do they get 60% to 80% margins. 

• Reply 44 of 47
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Apple does not care about cheapskates.

$299 for a tablet is a fair price.  The resale for the iPadMini is $170.  If you net out resale value the iPadMini's are cheaper than the smaller and slower Nexus7, Galaxy-whatever

You are right, so of course Apple made it $399.

• Reply 45 of 47
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

China Mobile.  700 Million users.  

Apple share price, profits, and margins...going up.

• Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

China Mobile.  700 Million users.  

Apple share price, profits, and margins...going up.

yes, yes, no...I can't see how margins can go up in near future (like 18 months).  Maybe slightly increase due to a lock in a new product category (like watch or tv)...but I don't see it.  But I'm all ears.