Apple now listing native iOS apps such as Safari & Messages in App Store search results

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Just shut up. I don’t need to call you out on your claim, I don’t need to restate it, explicitly, to clarify the implicit statement here. Just shut up.

You call people stupid then jump down his throat for agreeing with you.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

OK, here's a wild theory (based on little to no evidence, admittedly).

Apple extends the Apple App Store to start to include Windows, Linux and Android software.

Won't happen. There is NO way that Apple is going to open their stuff up to other OS. The point of the software is to drive sales to their hardware. They don't want to actively remind folks there are other systems. And they aren't going to waste time and resources on supporting other teams 

• Reply 23 of 39
    droiddroid Posts: 38member
    Apple seem to have this backwards...

On iOS you can't delete these system apps, so there is little reason for them being in the store.
    On OS X you can delete the system apps (if you are clueless & make mistakes) but there is no way to restore them from the App Store. You are left to using Pacifist or working out how to do a system restore.

I don't mind this on iOS, but please get around to adding the ability to restore all system apps on OS X via the Store.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Read his post, please. You speak the same language; you know what he’s saying.

• Reply 25 of 39
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Feel free not to use the App Store if this pisses you off too much.

The concept of UX friction has been discussed here before.

I hope the app store logic is intelligent enough to detect that I've already been reminded more than a few times, and it will cease when that threshold is met.

Windows nags like a broken record, but it's just another mouse click, eh?   :no: 

• Reply 26 of 39
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That's not very smart.

• Reply 27 of 39
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    slurpy wrote: »
    to a search engine that scours the entire internet...

In this case I'll take the Wiki definition.

• Reply 28 of 39
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Can we post reviews? Then it would be a useful (to the public) feedback mechanism. The public cannot view the feedback sent to Apple in the normal feedback web pages.

PS: The App Store has been a GUI disaster since iOS 6. I can't believe they haven't replaced it in iOS 7. Do the pages slide like native iOS components yet, or are their gesture behaviors still wrong?
  • Reply 29 of 39
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member

If I search for apps will I get a page and link to the App Store app?

• Reply 30 of 39
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    philboogie wrote: »
    In this case I'll take the Wiki definition.

I didn't know you like it wet. :lol:
  • Reply 31 of 39
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    saarek wrote: »
    I hope so, I could then finally delete the "Crap I don't use" folder.
    This, please.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    Would love the option to delete calendar, stocks, weather, voice memo, passbook, contacts, and newstand.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    Originally Posted by SDO2000 View Post

contacts

Not everyone has eidetic memory for phone numbers.

• Reply 34 of 39
    I noticed this only happens when searching for apples more updated apps, which I feel the never clicked ones should pop up better for them.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Won't happen. There is NO way that Apple is going to open their stuff up to other OS. The point of the software is to drive sales to their hardware. They don't want to actively remind folks there are other systems. And they aren't going to waste time and resources on supporting other teams 

Are you telling me you deliberately misread my post just so you'd be able to comment?

You ignored these caveats:  "After all, Apple is a hardware manufacturer that offers software as a side business, in part subsidized by hardware sales. What happens if the cost of hardware continues to drop thanks to vastly improved manufacturing efficiencies (I'm thinking of solid-state, "one piece" electronics and nano-fabrication in the near future). In that case, it makes sense to focus on quality and quantity of software distribution, all via their App Store."

• Reply 36 of 39

I use the contacts that are built in the phone app. Is this different than the stand alone app? Am I missing something?
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can barely remember my own phone number! :D

• Reply 38 of 39
    Originally Posted by SDO2000 View Post

I use the contacts that are built in the phone app. Is this different than the stand alone app?

It IS the standalone app. You can’t have one without the other.

• Reply 39 of 39
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,245member

Anyone else find it unusual that all three searches ("movies", "web" and "sms") produce an equal number of results - 2201? Is that a magic number in some way?