Comments

• Reply 21 of 33

What is a "convince setting"?

• Reply 22 of 33

How much caffein was the camera guy on! 

• Reply 23 of 33
    akqies wrote: »
    What's wrong with the OS?

You cant even change the number of icons on the dashboard. How limited can you get? Dont get me started on not being able to change the ugly ios7 icons
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Ugh that slate back looks ugly. What was wrong with black? We liked black.
    Whatev, mine is going into a snap case as soon as Speck releases the updated model.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Ugh that slate back looks ugly. What was wrong with black? We liked black.

You mean grey? It was never black.

• Reply 26 of 33

NagNagNag. So I'm sitting here in Akiba Tokyo and can buy any version here, they have abundant stock. Only on contract though (cellular version). Need to go through a huge waste of time and money to get contract/ pay first month/ cancel contract.

Of course I'm flying to HK in a few hours and in HK there's no way to buy them because they're still afraid people trucking them to the mainland.

Oh well, seems I've gotta wait. So close yet so far. Why is Apple always saying that we Hong Kongers get stuff on first batch when it's not available anywhere in the city to buy (for normal prices) and not on the online store.

Tom

• Reply 27 of 33
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I've been using the iPad Air for a few hours now and the thing just f@cking rocks!

Great new form for the iPad, insanely light, very, VERY fast.

Can't wait for you guys to get your hands on them and supply some feedback.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    krawallkrawall Posts: 163member

I did try it out in the store before a bit, but not much you can do with it and the anit-theft bracket weighed more than the tablet so hard to judge the weight... but it seems very solid and very light.

• Reply 29 of 33
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

My husband just picked one up yesterday after he took the kids to the Apple store. He told me since I took his iPad that he thought another one was necessary buy he left me the new one and took the old one with him. I'm still in the hospital so I think it was meant to cheer me up. They made a whole day going to the Apple store, went for pizza and then saw a movie, Gravity. I'm so happy that they are doing things together to keep their minds off of my predicament. 

Anyway here is my mini review as well. It's beautiful, gorgeous, a work of art, the most handsome looking tablet I have ever handled or seen, it's also very thin and light. 100's of adjectives will never be able to do it's justice. Fast, very fast, everything opens up instantly and streaming video is a real pleasure, I don't think there is a faster ARM tablet out there. The screen is of course absolutely sublime looking with sharp viewing angles from every direction. iOS 7 though new is still looking a little archaic to me. There is no doubt a lot of changes took place from iOS 6 to iOS 7 but I think Apple missed an opportunity to completely overhaul the UI. I would have liked them to introduce widgets like in OSX and custom home-screens. Not a big fan of just seeing a grid of apps, what's the point of having a nice looking wallpaper if you can't see it, I want at least one screen where I just see a clock with weather data. Another missed opportunity is better communication between apps. I like MS Skydrive, it's features and speed outshines iCloud in my opinion by a large margin. It's just a better service, since I am in the hospital the kids have been uploading movies to my Skydrive account, I have 200GB which is 145GB more than you can have with iCloud, the kicker is their both the same yearly price, 100 dollars (Apple needs to adjust this if they want to stay competitive). Skydrive has an online video viewer, the Skydrive app for iOS also has it as well and streaming videos from your collection couldn't be easier or quicker, zero frame drops even videos that are 720p.+ Default apps, it absolutely boggles the mind that I can't set Chrome as my default browser. This is anti competitive behavior at it's worst. As I use multiple platforms Chrome is the only constant between them, whatever I'm doing on my desktop can be continued on my mobile or tablet without having to reopen anything, passwords and bookmarks are also updated when changes are made from any platform. I know Safari has this as well I just prefer Chrome because it's available on Linux, Windows, OSX, iOS and Android.

The camera is actually pretty nice as well, pictures are crisp and the videos show very little in the way ghosting when panning the tablet around quickly. Apple always puts great cameras in their gadgets so it's no surprise. HDMI out is still a little sloppy, the adapter needs to be redone to support native 1080p. I have a little pocket projector Vivitek Qumi Q5 with me while I'm in the hospital which only has a native resolution of 1280 x 800 so it's not such a big deal right now but when I get home and connect the iPad to my TV that's going to be whole different story. I will probably just continue using the projector as it seems to be the best partner for the iPad, it really is and I highly recommend one for those who need/want an external monitor solution.

I love iPhoto, never used it before this iPad, not sure why I thought 5 bucks wasn't worth it I guess, it is, very worth it and if you don't have it yet get it. I also bought Pages, it's just okay not sure why everyone around here likes it so much. The fact that I can't use Dropbox or Skydrive with it is a big minus for me. Yes Apple is pushing iCoud here for that purpose but again like the default app issue I find it so uncool that Apple doesn't play well with others. Not sure if any of you have used Kingsoft Office but I find the interface and features to be a little more in line with my needs, you have access to Skydrive, Box, DropBox, GoogleDrive and WebDAV. It also has a spreadsheet and presentation but I have no use for such things on a iPad. This is just my opinion, so don't jump all over me for it. 

Siri is still my buddy, as I get weaker my motivation to type disappears even more. So I use Siri a lot for posting in forums like this and read my eMails. The only thing that I think could be made better is the ability to control apps, open, close, edit settings, ect. "Siri, open Skydrive, play video Monsters Inc.", that kind of thing, oh and I would like to just say Siri, not hold down the home button to use. That's just a little wish for the most point it works quite well. 

Can someone suggest a good case for it, I'm so afraid I'm going to scratch because it's just so darn pretty.

I'm going to play with it some more and let you guys know what else I find. Thanks for reading.

• Reply 30 of 33
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

I wonder how many MS employees were told to come on here and talk sh**.

I would say between zero and none.

Really, get over yourselves.

• Reply 31 of 33
    Originally Posted by Conrail View Post

I would say between zero and none.

Proof?

Really, get over yourselves. 

We know for a fact that other companies have done this. Nice obfuscation campaign.

• Reply 32 of 33
    Just picked up my Space Gray Air. It's beautiful. You have to hold it to believe it, Air is fitting. I'm coming from an iPad 3.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Just asking why videos on Ai are only showing 80% of the width? 

Not complaining! Really like Ai! :)

Ironic, isn't it?