Apple axes older Smart Cases and Smart Covers, leaves only dark gray option available

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    airbubble wrote: »
    I really preferred the Light-Grey case but oh well!
    Red & Blue aren't bad.

I generally like Apple's reds, but the new ones are too garishly red, even for me.

Went for the blue instead.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Go on...say iPad AIR...it doesn't hurt, really.

Nope. Never. They want to make idiotic decisions, they can do it on their own time. They don’t automatically get users to go along.

• Reply 23 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Please, could someone weigh an iPad Air Smart Cover with a digital scales???

Edit: I meant to say Smart Case.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Strange.

Most people who want a case for an older gen iPad probably already have one, the customer for iPad 2 [education] will gladly take a single colour of Smart Case, and it's one more way for Apple to convince people that the newer models are the way to go.

• Reply 25 of 32

Very nice.  Is there a recipe for this DIY?

• Reply 26 of 32

Are sales of the covers really that low? Seems a shame for people buying an iPad 2, I'd really want an official cover and in a colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeu26 View Post

I really don't get how people think iOS 7 is ugly. I really enjoy it. But that's just me.

Apart from the icons that are truly some of the worst icons I've ever seen I don't mind the changes. The icons do confuse me though, it's like everyone at Apple was to scared to point out how bad they are.

The other issue I think it has is there's no real wow factor to any of it. When the iPad originally came out and you saw the calendar, reminders etc and they all had individual designs and all looked good, it felt like a fun device which then appealed to a lot of people. iOS 7 just looks like any other UI. It could be a PlayStation, PC, any Smartphone or even a TV's TV guide. It has no character or anything that really defines it. It's just a simple plain UI. Not a bad UI, just nothing special.

• Reply 27 of 32
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Go on...say iPad AIR...it doesn't hurt, really.</span>

Nope. Never. They want to make idiotic decisions, they can do it on their own time. They don’t automatically get users to go along.

Air is indeed a pretty lame name. Besides, calling it what it is makes for accuracy, and that should always prevail. I had a misunderstanding, which actually heated up, when discussing Leopard. Turned out she was on Leopard, not Snow Leopard.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

iOS 7 just looks like any other UI.

Feel free to stop lying at any time.

• Reply 29 of 32

Please stop responding like this. It makes you sound petty. If you have a reason to say something like this say the reason instead. It's more intelligent, mature and effective to do so.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Please stop responding like this. It makes you sound petty. If you have a reason to say something like this say the reason instead. It's more intelligent, mature and effective to do so.

They’re not worth the time. They’re lying, we know they’re lying; that this is happening is all that needs time spent talking about it. The best course of action is to get rid of them entirely, but barring that.

• Reply 31 of 32
    I prefer the poly case to the leather case. It's less costly and lighter. Too bad they are not making a light case for the Air.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Fair enough to disagree bit what do you think defines iOS 7's UI that makes it different and I mean new things in iOS7. For instance...

The original iPhone UI had its icon grid with rounded corners with an effect applied to them. The top bar of apps with its back buttons, and the different list styles against a distinctive background all made it a UI that didn't look like anything else.

OSX originally had its brushed metal effect to windows and now has a more aluminium looking effect. Nothing else ever really looked like that, and was thus distinctive and memorable.

Microsoft's modern UI can be defined by its tiles with square corners always in colour. Its buttons that are a circle with an icon in the middle, always in either plain white or black.

The original iPad had its app backgrounds that were images with a lot of detail and all unique.

What does ios 7 have on this level. I like it but I think its just feels like ios 6 with the backgrounds removed.