Apple's iPad Air now available in US Online Apple Store

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    melgross wrote: »
    I HOPE he means that, but I don't think he does. One poster in that thread accused Verizon of burning the sim. The next poster, of course, agreed. So this guy is essentially quoting that guy who said that was what is happening.

He didn't bother to note the posts that shows some people of having problems with the account, but getting it straightening out without needing to pay for a new sim.

A problem some people have, I've noticed over the years, is that they are so eager to blame a company for something, that they don't think the business case for :rolleyes:

No-my SIM card was fried/ burned too. Last Friday I
    t's pretty easy to get upset and blame a company which never forewarned its customers prior to sale that this was part of the deal we were buying into.
    You need to re-read the posts- some had 2 options while others only had one. It was arbitrary.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Verizon permanently disabled, ( fried/ burned)

See, those words are generally associated with physical change. You can fry a CPU by installing it without a heatsink. You can burn out a transmission in a vehicle.

“Verizon permanently deactivated my SIM” would be better, or “Verizon bricked my SIM”.

I’m not arguing the stupidity of the action–it’s Mr. Bean goes on a date levels of stupid–but just what’s happening in performing it.

• Reply 63 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Verizon permanently disabled, ( fried/ burned) my Sim card when I went to suspend my current LTE account- it was the only option given. So is it 's not physically altered perhaps but it 's rendered cellular useless - as it is now cellular disabled iPad or wifi only if you will. This for a product that I paid a premium of $129 more. I I haven't tried getting a new Sim card yet but I'm hearing that they require now with the preinstalled plan on it going forward. One of the reasons I bought this version of the iPad was so that I could turn the plan on and off easily and now I can't. I travelled last week and used it wifi only which was fine but not acceptable. I will never buy with Verizon again and I doubt a cellular iPad in general . I just bought a WIFI only. iPad Air.

Ridiculous! This doesn't seem to be normal.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    No-my SIM card was fried/ burned too. Last Friday I
    t's pretty easy to get upset and blame a company which never forewarned its customers prior to sale that this was part of the deal we were buying into.
    You need to re-read the posts- some had 2 options while others only had one. It was arbitrary.

I said that I read four pages of the posts. And this experience seems to be odd, to say the least, in your description of it, that is.

Can you give a good business reason why Verizon would do that? I've asked for one, but I don't see a response. The answer, of course, is that there isn't one. Something happened to some people's sims, not all of them , but to some, maybe even a majority. But that doesn't mean that Verizon is doing this deliberately. It makes no sense at all. This will cost Verizon as much as it will cost the consumer to straighten out. And then there are bad feelings. Something's happening, but Verizon deliberately burning out a sim is not one of them.