iPad Air popular upgrade for iPad 2 owners, silver 16GB model in high demand - survey

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Depends on what is meant by stylus.

there are all kinds of stylus's for the iPad. My Dad uses it instead of his finger and loves it. Its much easier to select due to his age and hands shaking a bit.

however, if you are talking pressure sensing stylus... for artsy fartsy types(just kidding) thats another animal.

Artsy people can use capacitive styluses (styli?), too. From what I've read, the Wacom Bamboo works quite well for this. The suggestion by Dick Applebaum is a possibility, too, although it's 3X more expensive.

• Reply 22 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    No numbers = failure or channel stuffing!!!! Sell sell sell. /s

I'm afraid if I go to see one in person, I might buy it.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    From this survey most of the early adopters were ipad 2 and ipad 3 users. Most choose the 16GB Silver and White version. Interesting!
  • Reply 24 of 29
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

From this survey most of the early adopters were ipad 2 and ipad 3 users. Most choose the 16GB Silver and White version. Interesting!

I've updated from an iPad 2 (which the wife is very pleased to have) but I've gone 64GB & Space Gray!  Very pleased with it so far.

• Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manicakes View Post

Could someone point me to the background image for the iPad on the left?

http://wallpaperswide.com/orion_nebula_3-wallpapers.html

• Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by manicakes View Post

Could someone point me to the background image for the iPad on the left?

Dear Manicakes,

The picture is the M42 Orion nebula, I'd recognise it anywhere. If you Google the Orion nebula, you will find countless images, but of course  it will depend on how the image was taken, the equipment, wavelength etc. Anyway, the one you want is here (it is indeed a beautiful HD image !):

http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Orion_Nebula_Wallpaper_by_GreasyGrandma.png

Cheers, Fox

PS: hah! Brevis, you bet me to it! Cheers, Fox!

• Reply 27 of 29
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post

Someone needs to point out to them that they should get at least a 32gb if they're upgrading from the iPad 2 16gb, because the retina screen apps are freaking enormous.

All versions of an app include retina assets, regardless of the whether they are loaded onto a retina or non-retina device.

• Reply 28 of 29
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Choosing the "Reduce Motion" and "Bold Text" options in Accessibility might assuage some of your gripes. I like the animations but found them too slow, so I use Reduce Motion to change the zooms to a simple cross fade.

I really love the zoom effect for entering/exiting apps. It gives you the user much more spatial information about where they are navigating to/from. The animation would benefit from tightening up just a little though.

• Reply 29 of 29
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

Holy crap. Just got my Air last night and I'm blown away. It is A LOT more like an iPad mini than an iPad 3/4. Not just the shape, but the feel.

Everyone, including Apple marketing, are not exaggerating when they say you have hold/use one to believe it.