Apple adding suppliers to boost iPhone 5c, iPad mini output for 2014

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Apple needs to develop fully automated iPhone and iPad assembly lines.

Given they were early pioneers with automated assembly with the Mac classic (to the point when Motorola needed mass produced satellites for their Iridium sat phone system they grabbed Apple's guy) I expect they'd really like to go there if possible.

• Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

where did you order your phone?

I ordered from the Apple site and got 2 gold 5S in two weeks.  Ordered on Oct17 received Nov 1st.

AT&T, so perhaps that is my problem. Now, very pissed as mine was ordered Sept 23rd. I understand Apple will stock their own stores first, but an outstanding order should be treated as first ordered first filled. :devil: 

• Reply 23 of 29
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

where did you order your phone?

I ordered from the Apple site and got 2 gold 5S in two weeks.  Ordered on Oct17 received Nov 1st.

AT&T, so perhaps that is my problem. Now, very pissed as mine was ordered Sept 23rd. I understand Apple will stock their own stores first, but an outstanding order should be treated as first ordered first filled. :devil: 

not that this matter, because you bought a new unit, but I got burned once with AT&T.com when I bought a refurb from them and it did not carry the same warranty as a refurb from Apple.com.  Now I don't buy anything from AT&T.com, I go directly through Apple. Even new. 

• Reply 24 of 29

Apple marketing promotions department is running in overtime with the delaying of the Mini Retina release.  People are going to break down the glass doors in the Apple stores.   I just hope they do not release it on "Black Friday"!  I see a potential Walmart event happening if that happens in the Apple store on Black Friday.  LOL!

• Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

not that this matter, because you bought a new unit, but I got burned once with AT&T.com when I bought a refurb from them and it did not carry the same warranty as a refurb from Apple.com.  Now I don't buy anything from AT&T.com, I go directly through Apple. Even new.

I also had bad purchasing/buying time with AT&T.  Most of their sales staff are taught to be two face.  They tell you one thing but their sale manager is the guy to get the scope from.   He/she has to tell the truth!

• Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Command_F View Post

I heard that, following the pilot program of building the Mac Pro in the US, Apple will be expanding onshore manufacture. Next year's iPhone 6 will be built in Detroit, along with its all-new V8 processor.

LOL!  Good one!

• Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

This was the AT&T store, but yes, this was my first iPhone done this way, and will be my last. 

• Reply 28 of 29

looks very good, any more photos?