Apple's official iPhone 5s & 5c cases prove popular, though most customers ignore brand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    I'll take an Otterbox case any day but that's mostly due to clumsiness on my part. The solid cases look good but the ones with holes I just don't get at all.
  • Reply 22 of 32

I actually feel the design of the 5s case is a bit faulty, not just the material. I have had 2 black 5s cases since I got my phone and both of them have too much flex in them and the phone pops out of the case just a bit on one side on the top and the other on the bottom. It really isn't that much and a small tap resets the phone into the case, but the problem is that the case moves just enough to switch the phone to silent. I have missed several calls due to this issue and the replacement the Apple store gave me without any issue both have the same fault. I will most likely be returning this replacement and looking for a properly functioning case that won't randomly mute my phone when in my pocket.

• Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Discoloration is one thing - but the fact is it's uncleanable.

Try taking it back to Apple. Bring it along with a black one to a sales rep and they might exchange it- even after a month. You'r e not the only one with this problem. I was able after 3 weeks to exchange for a black.

Speak for yourself. I like the look of worn leather. 

More importantly it feels phenomenal in the hand.

• Reply 24 of 32
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    technarchy wrote: »

There's worn and there's just plain discolored and dirty. I'd hate to see a beige one after 2 weeks.
    I'm glad it feels great in your hand. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

Well unfortunately it's not just worn, which would be fine with me, but it actually looks really dirty. I'm not really a case perosn, so the terrific yellow color (looks yellow/green to me in person) was the only reason I got it. Other than getting dirty easily (within the first week), it's a perfect case: quality, feel, and antibacterial qualities of leather are great, it's very slim but would protect from falls, and it has great precision and attention to detail (e.g. all openings are yellow/green, except the camera opening which is black, I presume to reduce glare and improve picture quality; microfiber inner lining; slight lip around edge holds phone perfectly). I just wish I knew of a way to keep it clean.

• Reply 26 of 32
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    I actually feel the design of the 5s case is a bit faulty, not just the material. I have had 2 black 5s cases since I got my phone and both of them have too much flex in them and the phone pops out of the case just a bit on one side on the top and the other on the bottom. It really isn't that much and a small tap resets the phone into the case, but the problem is that the case moves just enough to switch the phone to silent. I have missed several calls due to this issue and the replacement the Apple store gave me without any issue both have the same fault. I will most likely be returning this replacement and looking for a properly functioning case that won't randomly mute my phone when in my pocket.

That's interesting because all 3 that I've had fit snug.
    Trying asking anyone at Apple how to clean it.
  • Reply 27 of 32

When I brought my 5S gold, I had no intention to then hide the fact it was gold.

I use just a front a rear gloss protector. (yes there is such thing) cost just $1.50 fitted.

I found after time any case leaves marks and dirt and just adds to the feeling of the phone bring bigger than it is.

Only thing I am careful is that the phone goes in one pocket alone, with no other objects.

IF we talking iPad Air, these  covers are good, but still my ipad4 has little scratch marks where the magnetic hinge attaches.

Not a good cover store.

• Reply 28 of 32
    Love apple cases! I will not buy any of the 2 new models, i ll keep for one year more my iPhone5. But if i was a 5s customer i would buy apple case for sure! So classy! But is that possible some people dont get who is the manufacturer? I think its written inside. Also, the logo on the back? Lol
  • Reply 29 of 32
    antkm1 wrote: »
    being an owner of the leather case, i'd have to say it's a mixed bag.  I have the Gold 5s with a Product (RED) leather case.
    Half of me really likes the soft-touch yet grippy leather.  However i find it gets really dirty very quickly.
    now that may be because of the very supple and toothy leather.  And i consider myself extremely cleanly person, but damn that case gets dirty quick.  So ½ of me thinks it's great, the other thing is self-conscious that i'm a dirt magnet.
    I think had Apple had any forethought about the longevity of their cases, they'd test them for 2-3 months prior to final release.  I would have preferred a more burnished and smooth leather, like a wallet.  would attract much less dirt and easier to clean.

Got the 5s on launch day. Got the 5s product red case a few days later. Had the case for 5 days and returned it for a black one. It only took 5 days for the case to turn disgusting looking. Like I had been changing car oil or something. I've had the black case over a month now and love it. Probably my favorite case for any of the iPhones I've owned.
  • Reply 30 of 32

Plastic just seems very cheap to me, no matter how you beat around the bush. I could never have imagined Apple to make a plastic iPhone, alongside the 5S.

• Reply 31 of 32
    Originally Posted by Wolfovich View Post

Plastic just seems very cheap to me, no matter how you beat around the bush. I could never have imagined Apple to make a plastic iPhone, alongside the 5S.

So that’s one “Hasn’t held the 5C”… *ticks checkbox*

• Reply 32 of 32
    it looks great, thanks leather case factory [URL=http://www.yungyang.com/]http://www.yungyang.com/[/URL]