Apple files patent for Touch ID sensor found in iPhone 5s

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Yes keep BOTH scans.  That gives you 2x the chance it works.  For myself it has worked literally 100% of the time for the past week.  If that does not work to 3 scans. 

Thanks, I'll give it a go. 

• Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This is much harder to copy than the look and feel of the iPhone or the UI.

The tech is mostly in the software and Samdung won't be able to copy that.  Not to mention they won't have a cheap sapphire supplier or custom chipset to isolate touch ID from the rest of the system.

On a side note my touchID was working about 80% time last week.  What I did was scan my same finger twice.  Since then the touchID has worked literally 100%.  Not a single bad scan for over a week (probably about 300 scans)

From all of the tech pages about TouchID I have heard that it learns as you use it so if your finger isn't on a part that was scanned when learning it will learn that part on a second touch.  Even if it is a little off.  

• Reply 23 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

From all of the tech pages about TouchID I have heard that it learns as you use it so if your finger isn't on a part that was scanned when learning it will learn that part on a second touch.  Even if it is a little off.  

My 5s works fine, the only trouble is I stare dumbly at my iPad while holding my finger on the home button waiting for it to open up...

...it never does, then I remember and swipe to unlock.

• Reply 24 of 25

A new flag ship patent made by apple ready to be placed in one of its popular products after the implementation it would not be only limited with the security of fingers but it would also be replaced by room lighting with the help of the sensor placed on the mobile and other one place in any  room thus improving the security for your loved ones while you are away from the home.

Truly innovative