Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

That seems a little high for paying off an Android user doesn't it?

Maybe $0.001 per post? :D

• Reply 42 of 42
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

And it's about time. Apple finally went to register a positive share price YTD although its 52 weeks share price is still sitting comfortably in the red zone. Oh, Tim Cook. You're killing faithful long-term Apple shareholders by making us sit around and watch Microsoft have a post-PC era of 40% share price gain in 2013 and Google and Amazon getting around 38% share price gains. Apple had to get stuck in the desolate Grand Canyon of deep-red losses.

I'm glad Apple bought back plenty of shares but it hurts to see the rest of the stock market soaring into the stratosphere while Apple couldn't dig it's way out of the muck. It's just too difficult for a retail investor to grasp the insensibilities of a profitable company with a mountain of cash to have investors shun it like a deadly plague.

Oh, please **** off. One only has to look at your previous posts to see how grotesquely wrong your predictions were. instead of admitting you were way off, you come in here pretending as if nothing happened. Don't make me go and dig up your "fire Cook now or stock will hit $200" quotes. That's the great thing about the internet, you can run your mouth all you want, shit on people with confidence, and then never have to acknowledge the fact that all your attacks were based on assumptions that were utterly false- like a normal, decent human being would do in these situations. I have no fucking clue how your logic works, apparently you think there's a big magic button labeled "raise stock" that Cook can push anytime. Stock nosedived several times under Jobs, even when Apple was exploding as a company. Jobs didn't give a shit about that, he didn't run the company around trying to somehow please the stock or investors, because that's a surefire way to failure. He ran the company based on products. Cook seems to give a BIT more of a shit about the stock, but he's never going to let it affect the major product strategy- as is the right thing to do. Apparently you're too incredibly short-sighted to understand that- and you somehow believe the stock market is rational, which is never has been, especially in the case of Apple. The point is that decisions are made for the LONG term, and the stock will take care of itself, hopefully. Cook was right, you were wrong, but as always, you're too much of an intellectual coward to admit that, since you continue with your narrative instead of saying " I was wrong, Cook was right".