Foxconn building 500K iPhone 5s units for Apple per day with nonstop production lines

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Originally Posted by Frac View Post

You had me until stupid...Rampant egotism much?

Are you claiming some people aren’t as intelligent as others?

Why must we all be cut from the same cloth?

And then there you go completely contradicting yourself. All people are equal. Period. All people have equal capability for equal intelligence. Period. Not all people are equally intelligent. Many factors contribute to this, but pretending it isn’t the case, for whatever reason, is blinding yourself.

Why is it we allow misinformed nonsense to cloud our opinion?

Might want to clear up your own.

• Reply 22 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

All people have equal capability for equal intelligence. Period.

Yea thats not true.  But it doesn't really take away from your point, either, which illustrates how the north american job market has been heading for a while now.

One problem with robotics might be changing them every time a new phone comes out.  May be too expensive.  Of course I don't know much about it, just venturing a guess.  I can't believe Foxconn wouldn't use more pervasive robotic technique if it were more profitable.

• Reply 23 of 39
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

Yea thats not true.

Wow, how about some proof, then? You’re saying there are people who can’t become as smart as others? Utter freaking nonsense.

One problem with robotics might be changing them every time a new phone comes out.

The only major changes I can see are swapping out part holder appendages and reprogramming the path of the arm, you know? A new part won’t go to the same place as the old part, and a new part might not be able to be grasped like an old one. Have 50 people take a day to swap out heads, but other than that…

• Reply 24 of 39
    If Foxconn has dedicated 100 assembly lines to the iPhone and it requires 600 employees per line, how come the article states that 300,000 workers are assembling iPhones? Where's the journalism? Where's the editing? Where are the missing 300,000 employees?
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Any job that doesn’t require creative, sapient thought to perform should be done by robots.

So... Samsung can design its phones and tablets with robots!
  • Reply 26 of 39
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So... Samsung can design its phones and tablets with robots!

Hey, they could do that now. Have the robot arm pick up an iPhone, hold it for another robot to run a laser scanner over it, and then have a supercomputer figure out how to replace the Apple logo with a shiny Samsung logo.

• Reply 27 of 39
    lantznlantzn Posts: 240member
    msimpson wrote: »
    Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.
    Benjamin: Yes, sir.
    Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
    Benjamin: Yes, I am.
    Mr. McGuire: ROBOTS.

You means iRobots sir?
  • Reply 28 of 39
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    optimyst wrote: »
    If Foxconn has dedicated 100 assembly lines to the iPhone and it requires 600 employees per line, how come the article states that 300,000 workers are assembling iPhones? Where's the journalism? Where's the editing? Where are the missing 300,000 employees?

Hey, you're just the person to check out my laborious calculations in post #12. What do you think?
  • Reply 29 of 39
    It takes a village to make an iPhone...
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Hey, you're just the person to check out my laborious calculations in post #12. What do you think?

Haha!

"No one reads anymore."

• Reply 31 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OcelotWreak View Post

Yes. A village of robots.

• Reply 32 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wow, how about some proof, then? You’re saying there are people who can’t become as smart as others? Utter freaking nonsense.

You crack me up sometimes, at least you could do is put a wink-smiley on your statement.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">You had me until </span>
    …<span style="line-height:1.4em;">stupid...</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">. </span>
    Rampant egotism much?

Are you claiming some people aren’t as intelligent as others?
    Why must we all be cut from the same cloth?
    And then there you go completely contradicting yourself. All people are equal. Period. All people have equal capability for equal intelligence. Period. Not all people are equally intelligent. Many factors contribute to this, but pretending it isn’t the case, for whatever reason, is blinding yourself.
    Why is it we allow misinformed nonsense to cloud our opinion?

Might want to clear up your own.

Now you're making stuff up.
    Silly me, thinking such pejorative generalisations had gone from intelligent discourse.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

You crack me up sometimes, at least you could do is put a wink-smiley on your statement.

So absolutely no proof for your claim whatsoever. Thanks for wasting our time.

• Reply 35 of 39
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    nm
  • Reply 36 of 39
    You got that right ... Robots running 3D LiquidMetal Printers maybe .... But I am hopeful these will be Robots that live and work right here in America. :D

When we're all unemployed by robots, hopefully they will also buy Apple products, since humans will no longer be able to earn money.

I was going to ask "where are the robot investment bankers" but I believe that's an oxymoron....
  • Reply 37 of 39
    All people have equal capability for equal intelligence. Period. Not all people are equally intelligent.

Fetal alcohol syndrome. You obviously never saw "Idiocracy" *

Or went to school with rednecks. Or shopped with "People Of Wal-Mart".

The America beyond grad school / mom's basement is vast and dumbed down.

* "Robots! It's what (assembly) plants crave!"
  • Reply 38 of 39

Village...People?