Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    rmb0037rmb0037 Posts: 142member
    rob53 wrote: »
    I have yet to go into a store that sells the AppleTV, other than the Apple Store, and have the sales person actually push any Apple product.
    Man you should've came the the best buy I worked at! I used to train the sales people on the apple products and they'd be drooling at the Apple TV. Now that chromecast stick thingy is out, Apple TV looks even better!
  • Reply 22 of 55
    rmb0037rmb0037 Posts: 142member
    Come on, surely there are big differences ... Don't some crap out sooner than others?
    Yeah bought an asus router to go with someone's brand new acer laptop. Both were DOA. I just had to chuckle a little bit.
  • Reply 23 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Acer and Asus? Seriously? Who asks for either one of those brands.The only reason people walk out of a store with one of those is because it had the cheapest price. And aren't all those Windows computers the same anyway? Just the box is different.

i think Acer is considered a cheap brand, but Asus is highly respected at least for their motherboards. Their Zenbooks are also among the better ultrabooks out there.

• Reply 24 of 55
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,903member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

OMG I just threw up ...

Oh come on...you miss those commercials. I know you do! :D

• Reply 25 of 55
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,817member
    macxpress wrote: »
    Oh come on...you miss those commercials. I know you do! :D

It's a tough call which I miss most ... That one or Verizon's 'can up you hear me now ....' :\
  • Reply 26 of 55
    rmb0037 wrote: »
    Yeah bought an asus router to go with someone's brand new acer laptop. Both were DOA. I just had to chuckle a little bit.

I think you are brave just saying 'asus router!'
  • Reply 27 of 55
    paxman wrote: »
    There, fixed that. You can't fool me! There is only one person who could possibly know this for a fact (except maybe his wife and a couple of elfs).

Edward Snowden leaked Santa's List I bet!
  • Reply 28 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Dude....

I guess Michael should shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders....

• Reply 29 of 55
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    You mean some people WANT Dells, rather than just getting them out of habit or because they see what sounds like a good pricing deal? That's actually quite a surprise to me, and at odds with my personal observations. (I think the survey is more accurate than the headline: "plan" is different from "want." I plan to go to the dentist, but...)

The Dude abides.
  • Reply 30 of 55
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    macxpress wrote: »
    Duuddeeee....you're gettin' Dell!

Is that new coal in the stocking?
  • Reply 31 of 55
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    Who wanted a Dell before?
  • Reply 32 of 55
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    My GF, "BJ" - (not her real name!) thinks I'm a genius!

"Now that's what we call magical!"
  • Reply 33 of 55
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Yay - go the Mac!

I'm surprised that Dell is above HP actually, for some reason I thought it was the other way around.

• Reply 34 of 55
    Give back the shareholders money, Dell
  • Reply 35 of 55
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

No one in their right mind would buy Dell!

• Reply 36 of 55
    Dell and Microsoft catered to business users. Dell used to have an awesome customer service for companies. Saying Dell sold "dogsh*t" is insulting to all the people who had a Dell.

Actually, for having opened a Dell (ex-gf's), it was a breeze to repair. Can't say the same of my MBA, or even an old MacBook Air (not to mention the computer I owned a decade ago, made by that horrible company out of hell, Fujitsu-Siemens. Bought out of 'german technology is good'. Yeah, right.).
  • Reply 37 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Let's all be honest here, at the consumer level it is junk hardware running an even more junk OS as in Microcrap, although running Linux they made good servers.

Here at the studio, we have Macs, Dell server racks and Dell monitors. iPads, too. All of them, actually ^^

All models... not the whole stock of iPads ever built... that would be useless ;)

• Reply 38 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

My GF, "BJ" - (not her real name!) thinks I'm a genius! 

Who doesn't want a BJ...

• Reply 39 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Yay - go the Mac!

I'm surprised that Dell is above HP actually, for some reason I thought it was the other way around.

My brother-in-law, a pretty smart guy, only buys HP's from Costco. In the last eight years, I've had the same iMac and he has had to replace his HP's 4 times! Ugh!

• Reply 40 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

My brother-in-law, a pretty smart guy, only buys HP's from Costco. In the last eight years, I've had the same iMac and he has had to replace his HP's 4 times! Ugh!

HP's are horrible. They make good printers, but horrible, horrible computers.