Apple improves iPhone 5s ship times to 1-3 days for all models

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    starxdstarxd Posts: 128member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Could not agree more. Whenever I read the comments here, I automatically think in my head, "Wonder how many people will use sarcasm here." We get it, analysts are wrong and Apple is king. No one is disputing that. Does it really get you off when you mock them in roughly 35% (estimate) of the overall comments on this site? 

Agreed.  And beyond that, good sarcasm is obvious in the way it's written.  If you have to tell people it's sarcasm with a "/s" you've failed.  

• Reply 22 of 23
    Carrier/partner specific demand is probably a higher priority.

I'm curious if the factories 'batch' phones by carrier/nationality and/or Firmware config.  That would make QA easier  ("Okay, phones off the line XX after 23:44:59.99 GMT and before 23:59:59.99 are all SIMless phones destined for France.  QA check all HW and Firmware Config Settings for the 10 phones prior, 10 phones after each config swap and every 100th phone in between").

If there is a minimum batch (a pallet of packaging materials.... you don't want to be storing every language and every config in the assembly room) size, I could see where a non-committed (example: O2 requires  per contract 10,000 iPhone 5s(grey) and 17,000 iPhone 5s(gold) a day, etc.) phone may have to wait until a production run for them in that language is scheduled to be made.

No, it's nothing like that at all. Tim Cook has it worked out much more smoothly. I know for a fact that every single order that comes off the line, there's a Chinaman on a bicycle ready to take it to its destination.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    starxd wrote: »
    Agreed.  And beyond that, good sarcasm is obvious in the way it's written.  If you have to tell people it's sarcasm with a "/s" you've failed.  

You overestimate some people reading this site.