'Father of the iPod' Tony Fadell revealed as buyer of Product (RED) Mac Pro, gold EarPods

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
  • Reply 22 of 33
    The specs better be fully maxed out for that price...
  • Reply 23 of 33
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    I'd like to note that he wears a watch- like all classy folk do ;)
  • Reply 24 of 33
    I can't wait for the Mac Pro un-boxings. Drool baby drool!!!
  • Reply 25 of 33
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    "...already trying to hack it"
    What's he want to do with it?...Hoover the floor?
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gimarbazat View Post

Really, so these products are not Apple products designed by Apple employees and bought by former Apple employe? Ok than you are right, Apple doesn't have anything to do with this. 1smile.gif 

Designed by An Apple employee, Jony Ive, and Marc Newsom who does not work for Apple and you said it in your line up there  "bought by former Apple employee"  Key word here being former.  Hence nothing to do with Apple.  Nest labs yes Apple no.

Infact the only thing Apple has to do with any of this is the donation of the Mac Pro and The ear buds.  Thats it.  So other than the donation Apple has nothing to do with this.  Does Leica have anything to do with this? Or Dom Perignon?  Because they donated too.  Or how about Steinway, they donated a piano.

• Reply 27 of 33
    Now we know why the Nest thermostat and new smoke detector are so expensive.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Wasn't one of the first [product] red products an iPod?

Obviously Fadell would have been involved, maybe he's supporting something he believes in with money he can probably more than afford.

One and a half million will buy a lot of life saving drugs for children who otherwise would not receive them.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member

Maybe the Mac Pro will be able to figure out how to regulate the temperature in my home, because the Nest "learning" thermostat sure did a lousy job. It never learned and so was returned to the foster home (Lowes).

• Reply 30 of 33
    I think I paid too much for my NEST.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

Designed by An Apple employee, Jony Ive, and Marc Newsom who does not work for Apple and you said it in your line up there  "bought by former Apple employee"  Key word here being former.  Hence nothing to do with Apple.  Nest labs yes Apple no.

Infact the only thing Apple has to do with any of this is the donation of the Mac Pro and The ear buds.  Thats it.  So other than the donation Apple has nothing to do with this.  Does Leica have anything to do with this? Or Dom Perignon?  Because they donated too.  Or how about Steinway, they donated a piano.

So Jony Ive doesn't work for Apple and the computer they auctioned is not the exact model Apple is selling to everyone except for the color. That's right Apple doesn't have to do anything with it. Yes the "former" is the key here. Of course they could not have Tim Cook or any other employe buy it. it had to be someone both from inside and outside... 

• Reply 32 of 33
    Hey Tony why don't you spend $1.5 million on Nest Protect support? 1 hour on the phone for aggravation? Cheap ass!
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Usually I don't reply to comment sections. Today was different because I had to stop & ask what your age is?
    You have commendable grammar for being 5 year old. That's the age group who would have a similar logic in a debate.
    Why not grab yourself some milk & cookies before you take a nap? Surely the other commentators would be thrilled to enjoy a child-free comment section.