Promise Technology ships 'world's first' 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 drives

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    The problem is that Intel is finally embracing their own jointly developed standard and they seem to overlook that aspect.

Intel also developed USB 1.0, and the first computer to ditch legacy ports and go all-USB was the original Bondi Blue iMac. Meanwhile, PCs are still available today with PS/2 and VGA connectors like it was 1988.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Hey there's the new mac pro all you guys wanted, the only problem is you have to connect a thunderbolt cable and a little cylinder shaped soda can fan to it. :P
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Originally Posted by rezwits View Post

Hey there's the new mac pro all you guys wanted, the only problem is you have to connect a thunderbolt cable and a little cylinder shaped soda can fan to it. :P

I don’t see how a RAID array is the Mac Pro that people wanted.

• Reply 24 of 24

You don't see that? I mean honestly it's not for 100% of the people who wanted a mac pro out out there but is anything truly 100% satisfying for everybody? but that aside

For the people that were complaining, over and over that they can't put 4 drives in the new mac pro, and because some wanted a mac pro mini or smaller tower mac pro, and on and on...I mean if you get 2 video cards in the new mac pro and a faster pci SSD and all you have to do is connect a small little turbine to one these. You are telling me if you have a Mac Pro tower you wouldn't connect anything to it? So, roles are reversed.

I mean if you had this and connected a MacMini to it, which the new ones will probably be coming out with TB2, and just put it right on top of this tower, is this so bad because it's not one piece? I see a little tower right in front of my eyes, I mean it looks like a tower. I don't think there are any other RAIDs that have thunderbolt besides the promise family, maybe there are but I don't really care cause Promise is a long standing "Apple approved, recommended company". So I mean let's just say in the future Apple releases a Mac Pro the size of a Rubik's Cube? or the MacMini that I am going to get for my Promise RAID, does Apple have to keep manufacturing big ass cases, to hold 4 drives? Because Apple used to make Xserve RAIDs, and then everybody said "ah man, they are getting rid of the Xserve RAID" then Promise made there's and everything was fine in this arena and all worked out. They let Promise worry about these big honky freaking lugs and now they are doing the same with the Mac Pro. They are going to let Promise handle making towers now, I mean for the people who wanted to put 4 drives in a mac pro so badly, there you go and like I said slap a MacMini "chip" on top pretty a much a Mac Pro to me, unless you want two video cards, then you get Darth.

You don't see this?