Samsung hires Apple Store designer for its own retail efforts

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

It irritates me that Samsung claim they wish to become a more popular and profitable smartphone provider (Lee Kun-hee obviously needs more yachts to water-ski behind than he currently has) and slavishly copy many superficial elements of the whole Apple experience yet, despite the fact that there are numerous sources of information, not to mention Apple themselves who have been quite clear in pronouncing that they focus on making a better customer experience and work backwards from there, yet Samsung still fail to grasp what is important and implement it.

How can such large, successful companies have no clue about what their customers (or their potential customers) want?

Samsung is a lot bigger than Apple with a much larger product matrix.  The make everything from semiconductors to heavy equipment.

... and it shows.  When it comes to electronics, they really don't offer up really that much in the way of innovation.  It's as if they have sales slots that need to be filled for the sake of being filled.

• Reply 22 of 30
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    No Samsung. Just no. Just build zippy phones that are inexpensive and work well. Your users don't 'love you' and don't feel attached to their cell phone. Stop trying to go there.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    gtr wrote: »
    How can such large, successful companies have no clue about what their customers (or their potential customers) want?

Because Sammy doesn't care. Sammy prefers the shotgun approach and hopes it hits something.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    I love my Samsung galaxy S4, it works like magic..I mean it heats up the whole room when its cold. When I go camping with friends I don't have to carry any lighters with me, the gs4 works fine. Last but not least, my kids can play catch with jeff cuz I mean it's plastic right...*sigh* I love my galaxy and now they have a store where they actually sell these toys *thumbs up*
  • Reply 25 of 30
    In related news, the Samsung corporation hires actor Ashton Kutcher to wander around the Samsung corporate office dressed in turtlenecks and jeans, and yell at developers and tell them they are totally worthless!
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bighype View Post

Those damn Koreans are always just copying!

nah man.  Hyundai got some nice cars for the price.

Sonata and Genesis are solid

Hyundai now has strted doing its thing... It too has a history of ripping off other cars blatantly... One of the older gens of the Sonata was banned in many countries as it was a replica of the jaguar... And now they have Merc in their sights... lol...

---------

Just a personal example...

I am into the printing industry... We print a lot of packaging materials for various industries... Once a client approached me for packaging needs for a new product they had developed... And were exhibiting it in a 15 day exhibition of some sort... They wanted a huge amount of cartons to be delivered within the first three days of the exhibition... Which wasn't possible given my production constraints... I told them I would deliver certain amounts throughout the exhibition duration and that they definitely won't be making all the sales in the first five days... What my client told me so many years ago is what I've seen happening throughout with companies like Hyundai and Samsung... He said "We have just five days to sell our product as unique... Because on the first day there'll be a lot of Korean manufacturers taking samples and on the third day they'll be selling our exact product at half the price... Which we can't afford given our r & d costs... So we have just five days to make our profits..."

I don't mean to generalize... But that's straight from someone whose experienced it first hand...

• Reply 27 of 30
    mauszmausz Posts: 243member

I see no problem with this, question to all people in this thread who do

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/10/11/chip-design-luminary-leaves-samsung-for-apple/

no problem as well....

• Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Equality72521 View Post

Oh FFS. Is there no way of shaking these prats? Embarrassing. There's just no...*style* about them or their products, no *feel*. Lazy, second-hander, me-too imitation on all fronts. Horrible.

Yup, if you put lip gloss on a hog, it's still a hog...

• Reply 29 of 30
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mausz wrote: »
    I see no problem with this, question to all people in this thread who do

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/10/11/chip-design-luminary-leaves-samsung-for-apple/

no problem as well....

Difference is Sammy is trying to be Apple and has a history of blatant copying. Apple isn't trying to be Sammy.