Bring on the Mac Plus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Amazon sells more Mac Minis than iMacs? That seems bizarre. Or does Amazon not carry the iMac, or categorize it as something different from "Desktop"?

It changes over time.  When I did that screen cap the next Mac was the 21" iMac around #15.  Now the 27" iMac is #5 and the 21" iMac #22.

Availability appears to greatly impact ranking...which makes sense...you can't sell what you can't stock.

So it's not definitive how popular the mini really is but I think that it does show that folks are buying them in some number on Amazon.

• Reply 22 of 22
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

A release that could be phoned in as far as feature set improvements.

The long time since the last update isn't the issue, it is the long time since Haswell debuted that is the problem.

I never said it was a bad machine. My point has been that it is well past time for a Haswell version and further it needs a real update to reflect modern design at Apple.

It could be phoned in unless they are waiting for greater availability of TB2 parts or something.  

Could be they want to move the mini to Haswell Xeon E3s and still working on it.  Wouldn't that be amusing.  The Xeon 1268Lv3 is a 45W part with the P4600.

Modern design?  It's a sleek block of Aluminium.

And lack of attention was what the mini got with no refresh for years.  Annual refresh is an awesome amount of attention.