• Reply 41 of 101
    royboy13 wrote: »
    Few hundred shares...
    Nice!
  • Reply 42 of 101
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You could not think of a few positive reasons?  You are really dumb. 

Pretty sure his post was a sarcastic jab at stock market analysts, Sheldon.

• Reply 43 of 101

And so it begins!   

• Reply 44 of 101
    gatorguy wrote: »
    That should keep the investors happy for a bit. Could add a nice chunk'a change to Apple coffers. It may have taken longer than hoped but now that' the deal is in the can Apple's market share there can only go up and probably fast.

The positive aspect of this getting delayed into January is that we will be able to separate out the Christmas sales from the Chinese sales since they both will fall into separate quarters.
  • Reply 45 of 101
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    The media will find a way to put a negative spin on this. Already many of the headlines are referencing the fact that the announcement didn't mention any terms or prices. Morrow will be a day when any other stock would have gone up double digits (look at BlackBerry going up 15% on Friday even though they announced a $4 billion loss), yet I'll be surprised if Apple is up more than 1%.
  • Reply 46 of 101
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    radster360 wrote: »

I hope not the case, but sadly it might end up being the case, because Wallstreet hates California and they have manipulated this stocks for many weeks! They will find some reason to sink the stock! FU Wall Street!

Time for a Californian rival to Wall Street! Sunset Boulevard sound good to me.
  • Reply 47 of 101
    esoomesoom Posts: 155member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You could not think of a few positive reasons?  You are really dumb.

I really am one of the faithful, stockholder, and customer, just got my LTE Retina Mina, completing the trifecta, iP5s, iPad Air and the Retina Mini.

The NYT already threw water on the deal, used some of the stuff I posted and threw in that "Gasp, Apple is in 5th place in China now"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/23/technology/apple-and-china-mobile-sign-iphone-deal.html?pagewanted=all

• Reply 48 of 101

Perfect for a nice Q2 boost.

This may be perfect timing because it would have been difficult to deliver holiday iPhones to the world's smaller ISP's + huge intro deliveries for China Mobile.

Go Apple, Go CM.

• Reply 49 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by formosa View Post

Fantastic. So that gives 2 weeks of sales before Chinese New Year, the biggest buying holiday of the year.

That is a big effen deal. Chinese New Year is a monster holiday, like Christmas on steroids.

• Reply 50 of 101
    $70 or bust (adusted for a 10 for 1 split)

You forgot to price it in yuan. :D

I'd like to see AAPL priced where it could [reasonably] be bought by the small investor... Again...
  • Reply 51 of 101
    G[quote name="Dick Applebaum" url="/t/161285/china-mobile-signs-deal-with-apple-will-launch-iphone-5s-5c-in-january#post_2449072"]
    $70 or bust (adusted for a 10 for 1 split)[/quote
    Good call, I've held this through highs & lows not about to sell now for anything much less than ATH
  • Reply 52 of 101
    To every know-it-all, hedge fund moron and Apple hater, this news means one thing: eat it!
  • Reply 53 of 101
    Originally Posted by stoutie View Post

To every know-it-all, hedge fund moron and Apple hater, this news means one thing: eat it!

“Android was first.”

• Reply 54 of 101
    The one thing Apple has left on the table is a larger screen phone which Apple most likely would address on 2014. How Apple would rule the world is anyone's guess.
    frood wrote: »
    Since the deal was widely expected your prediction is likely pretty accurate.  What will move the stock is if Apple either fails to meet expectations or wildly blows the doors off them.
  • Reply 55 of 101
    Originally Posted by mubaili View Post

The one thing Apple has left on the table is a larger screen phone

Uh… huh.

How Apple would rule the world is anyone's guess. 

Well, for one, by not doing that.

• Reply 56 of 101
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    stoutie wrote: »

Its call a short squeeze, and it will be spectacular... :p
  • Reply 57 of 101
    esoomesoom Posts: 155member
    Quote:

According to Counterpoint Research, the iPhone 5s, 5 and 5c were October’s No. 1, 2 and 4 top-selling smartphones, with Apple grabbing 12 percent of that month’s market share. (in China)

From All Things Digital today

• Reply 58 of 101
    Thank you MB
  • Reply 59 of 101
    No
  • Reply 60 of 101
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Its call a short squeeze, and it will be spectacular... image

I think a short squeeze would only happen if it was found that China Mobile had committed to 100 million phones for each of the next three years.

You can't tell me that this deal wasn't expected to some degree by the analysts. Some of this news was already factored into the share price. The stock only went down 2% when it was learned that somebody jumped the gun. I think that if the analysts thought that the deal was actually dead then the stock would be well below $500 by now.

There will be a bump up in the next week but I think the really healthy push will be when q1 is announced alongside a forecast that CM sales have been better than anticipated and will be maintained as such over the next two quarters.