Antitrust monitor rebuts Apple accusations of 'unconstitutional' investigation

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    cpsro wrote: »
    What work? he's accomplished diddly.

Did you not read the article?
  • Reply 42 of 54
    This is the time board members like Al Gore need to earn their fee and and advise Apple who needs to be replaced in government to avoid such idiocy in the future. Time to start backing candidates and judges who are worth their salt. If Apple intends to retain those billions, some must be applied to achieve the right political results.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member

"Bromwich also profiled public blowback which came in the form of profane emails..."

Hey Bromwich, go puck yourself you overpriced incompetent hack!

• Reply 44 of 54
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Lawyers will make USA mediocre. 

Oops - too late!

• Reply 45 of 54
    tzeshan wrote: »
    Lawyers will make USA mediocre. 

Lawyers don't make the laws. They bend and test them to their client's advantage.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Lawyers don't make the laws. They bend and test them to their client's advantage.

Well a lot of members of Congress are lawyers and so is the Pres.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    jungmark wrote: »

They used to be lawyers.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

They used to be lawyers.

So they have to turn in their law licenses when they're in Congress?  I'm pretty sure it's still totally legitimate to say they are lawyers.  They might be non-practicing, but that doesn't make them "used to be" lawyers. I know I've heard politicians who are also MDs still being called doctors while they were in office.  

• Reply 49 of 54
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    So they have to turn in their law licenses when they're in Congress?  I'm pretty sure it's still totally legitimate to say they are lawyers.  They might be non-practicing, but that doesn't make them "used to be" lawyers. I know I've heard politicians who are also MDs still being called doctors while they were in office.  

From the musical Evita, during her Rainbow Tour:
    Eva: Did you hear that? They called me a whore! They actually called me a whore!
    Italian Admiral: But, Señora Perón, it's an easy mistake. I'm still called an admiral, though I gave up the sea long ago.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    jungmark wrote: »

They used to be lawyers.

Once a lawyer, always a lawyer. You cannot but think and act like one. No such thing as a reformed lawyer.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    Ugh. AI.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    (Ugh. Again)

Happy New Year!
  • Reply 53 of 54

So... why is it not possible for the U.S. citizenry to get a court-appointed monitor to watch for us, and report and sanction as necessary, the actions of the NSA with regard to surreptitious theft of personal communications without cause and due process?  "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."  George (Orwell) must be smiling from the grave right now.  Oh, wait; I forgot that use of public radio frequencies depersonalizes the legal status of the information and it is changed automatically into intelligence, which is freely available to all governmental agencies so long as their initials are NSA, FBI or CIA.

• Reply 54 of 54
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    it took him this long to write a 11 page brief...what a crybaby