Rumor: Apple's unannounced 'iWatch' faces manufacturing issues, much like Qualcomm's Toq

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member

Waiting for professional analysts to downgrade Apple stock in real life based on information that is not real. 

• Reply 22 of 33
    Oh no! The iwatch is doomed!!!! Give me a break!
  • Reply 23 of 33
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

It is pretty clear at this point that no one cares or pays any attention to "manufacturing issues" articles. They are all link bait BS.

• Reply 24 of 33
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

I think it is time for unfounded iTV rumors again. An inside source told me that the iTV was delayed as a result of 4K display manufacturing issues.

I heard about that! I believe that info was reported.

• Reply 25 of 33
    50% yield is pretty good anyway.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    muppetry wrote: »
    It's out there, in a well-known, though somewhat worthless publication, and as a rumor about a potentially significant future Apple, AI would be remiss not to pass it on. The article does not endorse the rumor.
    Nope.

They are remiss, if not complicit, for passing along bad information from a single source. DigiTimes is a lie factory.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

They should make it in the US. Americans have a genius for manufacture and they could do it. And it should be a ring not a watch.

• Reply 28 of 33
    jpd514jpd514 Posts: 51member
    May be Apple should ask to Samsung, they have been doing a very good job with the A7 chip.

Why not?
  • Reply 29 of 33

Does not look very comfortable to wear.

• Reply 30 of 33
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Apple must be really annoyed. They seem to have no problem manufacturing displays for everything else, in countless sizes and DPIs, but as soon as they design something new with a screen inbetween the specs of other screens they make, they have manufacturer issues or yield issues.

I mean, c'mon, does anyone really believe this?
  • Reply 31 of 33
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    evilution wrote: »
    Apple must be really annoyed. They seem to have no problem manufacturing displays for everything else, in countless sizes and DPIs, but as soon as they design something new with a screen inbetween the specs of other screens they make, they have manufacturer issues or yield issues.

I mean, c'mon, does anyone really believe this?

It depends on what they are trying to achieve. Apple has a history of venturing into new areas by mass producing techniques that have never been used in quite that way before. It might not be about the resolution but about making the display (as well as backlight, battery and logic board) curved. It could also be about mass producing sapphire crystal to go over the displays instead of GG. This might be too costly, not a high enough yield, not strong enough for how thin they need to make it and/or too difficult for the shape they need it to be made. There are just so many possibilities but the one thing Apple has proven fairly reliable is not introducing HW until it's ready (which some glaring exceptions).
  • Reply 32 of 33
    castcorecastcore Posts: 141member
    Ian from Taiwan and digitimes makes up stories. They have no sources other than the editors imagination. It's been called the
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Remember how Apple didn't really sell 9 million iPhone5s and 5cs because about 4 million was supposedly channel fill. I am willing to bet next September the analyst will be treating the 9 mil as fact and apple must sell 10m or more to keep from dropping 10%. I will def sell my shares before then. Oddly enough there is no mention of the supposedly iphone killer galaxy s4 which was a bust after 3 months. This has become a circus with all of the rumors and speculation.