Paint-by-rumors: Expectations for Apple in 2014

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Buongiorno Luca. Thanks for this. I sure hope Apple is able to tell their providers how to make it as they themselves aren't a manufacturer per se.

Yes, Apple has no factories and relies on a series of partners for manufacturing and assembly. I was referring to Apple as Apple + it's supply chain in the post above. 

• Reply 42 of 57
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    marvfox wrote: »
    Give it a break okay. We just started 2014.
    Think it just highlights how useless we all are at predicting the future :). We know apple work years out but the rumours are about months away. It's an exciting time I think.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    2014 needs to be a big year for Apple. Five years ago, everyone tuned in for every new product they released. Lately, it has felt more like minor tweaks and upgrades than launching truly new and innovative products. I'd like to see the old Apple back!
  • Reply 44 of 57
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    geotel wrote: »
    2014 needs to be a big year for Apple. Five years ago, everyone tuned in for every new product they released. Lately, it has felt more like minor tweaks and upgrades than launching truly new and innovative products. I'd like to see the old Apple back!

5 years they had no major new products. The iPhone was announced 7 years ago and the iPhone 4 years ago, but that's very close. Before that you have the iPod in 2001 and the Mac in 1984. It hasn't even been 4 years since the iPad launched but we expect Apple to have a completely new product category? Come on!
  • Reply 45 of 57
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    5 years they had no major new products. The iPhone was announced 7 years ago and the iPhone 4 years ago, but that's very close. Before that you have the iPod in 2001 and the Mac in 1984. It hasn't even been 4 years since the iPad launched but we expect Apple to have a completely new product category? Come on!

Funny how differently people remember and perceive things. Instead of having confidence in Apple they get overly anxious seeing all the devices being announced at the CES.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Funny how differently people remember and perceive things. Instead of having confidence in Apple they get overly anxious seeing all the devices being announced at the CES.

He didn't explicitly say "new product categories" but it's hard not to interpret his comments like that when we have Apple leading the pack with Retina displays on phones, then tablets, then notebooks. To have a full 64-bit OS and apps on the iPhone a couple years before people excepted it on phones (probably because of the foolish assumption that it's only benefit is addressing more than 4GB of RAM with no consideration for the ISA). To have moved to remove the slow ODD and HDD and and to even speed up SSDs even more with PCIe instead of using SATA.

Then there is the major overhaul to iOS which is definitely divided but I feel is strangely more liked than I would have expected considering how people tend to get upset with change. There is also the new Mac naming convention (which admittedly is not a technology but still a radical departure from their norm) and the many, many advances in the Macs all around which include putting more desktop-class HW in the iMac despite making it almost too thin, the amazing new Mac Pro.

All I see are changes in their core products, except in the iPod leg of the business which at this point should only be called a leg of Apple's business if you preclude it with the term vestigial. The Apple TV "hobby" is more important at this point.

PS: What is happening at CES that would possibly make Apple sit up and say "Oh shit! We've missed the boat." I've seen nothing and think that so far this is the most unimpressive CES I can remember. I do like the low-cost 4K HDTV push even though this is a slow moving market. I'm hoping plenty of 50" 4K HDTV for under $1000 will mean 1080p prices will drop.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    Originally Posted by GeoTel

Shut up and go away. We get enough FUD from our existing users.

• Reply 48 of 57
    Shut up and go away. We get enough FUD from our existing users.

Woah there Kim Jung Un. Let's not release the starving hounds just yet. Let new posters defend or restart their position first.
  • Reply 49 of 57
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Woah there Kim Jung Un.

North Apple is Best Apple.

Let new posters defend or restart their position first. 

Know how in the aftermath of the nuclear attacks on Japan the ashes of people would get blasted into walls and leave a ‘shadow’? That’s basically how my memory works these days. If enough nukes go off and enough people are standing in the same place, that shadow gets a little bit stronger.

I say this because I’m remembering quite a few posts just like this before where that was the intent.

I dunno, what, I have to be able to trust my memory, right? I’ll have to commit myself otherwise.

• Reply 50 of 57
    North Apple is Best Apple.

In other words feed him to the dogs? :lol:
  • Reply 51 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

In other words feed him to the dogs? image

I’m a little worried about that article. Has it been substantiated? If so, South Korea had better hunker down because the leveling of Seoul will happen this decade.

• Reply 52 of 57
    I’m a little worried about that article. Has it been substantiated? If so, South Korea had better hunker down because the leveling of Seoul will happen this decade.

There's no positive proof. It's just another story that the media runs away with before verification.
  • Reply 53 of 57
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    There's no positive proof. It's just another story that the media runs away with before verification.

No proof but lots of specifics. 120 dogs starved for 3 days and the uncle being naked. My guess is that it's all fabricated.

PS: I don't understand any of this

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 54 of 57
    solipsismx wrote: »
    No proof but lots of specifics. 120 dogs starved for 3 days and the uncle being naked. My guess is that it's all fabricated.

[VIDEO]

Maybe someone mistook Dennis Rodman speaking to the barking of 120 starved dogs. :lol:
  • Reply 55 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

• Reply 56 of 57
    minicapt wrote: »
    Bigger on the inside,

iTardis?