Apple's domestic Mac sales surge 28.5% as overall PC market shrinks 7.5% [u]

245

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 97
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,711member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

     

    Not sure if that is 100% true, google is a one trick pony, "ads" yeah they play in other areas and lose money at it, "motorola" for the most part all the income is coming from ad. Price line is the same way and Netflix, the only one who is a little diversified in Amazon, but the are a retailer but have lots of revenue streams but loose money as well.


     

    Wall Street understand advertising. Amazon loses money because they want to. Bezos plows every dollar of profit back into the company and Wall Street understands that. They don’t understand Apple, never have, and never will. Apple doesn’t play by their rules. Investors are there to make money, not agree or disagree with the corporate culture, motives, ethics, vision, mission, etc. Investors make money when the stock price rises and dividends are high. AAPL has been trading in a narrow range almost all of 2013. No money to be made there... for an investor. AT&T trades within a narrow margin too but pays very good dividends.

     

    Look, I agree that Apple is unique, makes excellent products that people like to buy, has always been the innovator the rest of the world looks to for what the future holds. Sales are rising, market share is declining, margins and profits are the envy of the tech industry, Apple is firing on all cylinders. Wall Street has always been about what can you do for me right now.” How can you reward me with money this instant.

  • Reply 22 of 97
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,711member
    .
  • Reply 23 of 97
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

    And they haven't even started counting Mac Pro sales. That Q1 revenue boost will make the Mac dept look pretty darn good.

  • Reply 24 of 97
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

    "Apple's domestic Mac sales surge 28.5% "

     

    Ought to be good for knocking another $10 off the stock price.  :(

  • Reply 25 of 97

    Very different story from IDC though? Am I missing something?

  • Reply 26 of 97
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    rmgt008 wrote: »
    You're high, right?

    More likely a mine filled with ignorance and hate.
  • Reply 27 of 97
    I
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Wall Street understand advertising. Amazon loses money because they want to. Bezos plows every dollar of profit back into the company and Wall Street understands that. They don’t understand Apple, never have, and never will. Apple doesn’t play by their rules. Investors are there to make money, not agree or disagree with the corporate culture, motives, ethics, vision, mission, etc. Investors make money when the stock price rises and dividends are high. AAPL has been trading in a narrow range almost all of 2013. No money to be made there... for an investor. AT&T trades within a narrow margin too but pays very good dividends.

    Look, I agree that Apple is unique, makes excellent products that people like to buy, has always been the innovator the rest of the world looks to for what the future holds. Sales are rising, market share is declining, margins and profits are the envy of the tech industry, Apple is firing on all cylinders. Wall Street has always been about what can you do for me right now.” How can you reward me with money this instant.

    I agree. And the stock price doesn't matter that much anyway. The news doesn't report on ANY company's stock prices because we all know it's a sideshow, going up and down constantly. The only time Apple's stock prices made news was when they beat Microsoft for the first time and when they became the most valuable company in the world. It's not like every time Apple stock dips, everyone thinks apple is history. That's just a few die hard android fans and tech blogs, very few. The ones who have the time and energy to go through an Apple lovers site to try an upset people are the few who really care. Most of them are probably posting from their parents basement 24/7. Apples stock is very high. Wall Street doesn't hate apple, apple is actually doing well. We just want to see apple grow grow grow, and we're never happy when the stock is standing still. As high as it is, I can still see the stock rising more. But tim doesn't need to sell more stocks, he doesn't need more capital, he doesn't even need to care about shareholders. If he did, he'd never please them anyways. I say, ignore the stock prices. We know what a great job apple is doing, and if they keep doing their thing, the stock will keep going up anyway. And the reason Wall Street doesn't understand apple is because apple has principles and Wall Street has absolutely none. Apples design and ethical principles can simultaneously earn fans and confuse the investors.
  • Reply 28 of 97
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,668moderator
    H-P is a wreck of a company but at least they're leading in PC sales.  Over the last 52 weeks H-P stock has nearly doubled while Apple went up 2%.  That's how poorly Wall Street thinks about Tim Cook's performance as a CEO.  Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone six years ago and it's fortunate he's not around to see his company being turned into an industry joke.

    Yeah, Wall Street has only valued Apple at over 9x the value of HP (the largest PC manufacturer in the world). Why not 13x? Pitiful. Tim needs to be replaced with the CEO of HP in order to reach that lofty 1/9th value, then all the shareholders will be over the moon.
  • Reply 29 of 97
    And it will get even smaller. So tell MS to get ready for hell!
    Oh and I was in Best Buy the other day and saw those chrome books. OMFG! What pieces of stinking piles of horse sh**!
    Cheap build quality to the nth degree. It is a goddamn gimmick by those clown at Google. You are essentially paying $300.00 for Google's search engine. Period. But hey, it helps get that stock(over valued IMHO) up.
  • Reply 30 of 97
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Mac sales don't count for hardly anything as far as Apple's revenue stream is concerned.  It's all about iPhone market share and Apple is losing that in huge amounts.  Apple shareholders will be lucky if Apple shares stay above $500.  Apple is a joke of an investment.  Google has a target price of around $1350 while Apple has a target price of around $590.  One stock will reach it and the other won't.  It's no secret that company with a CEO named Tim Cook is going repeat last year's share price fiasco.  There's absolutely no growth left in Apple as long as they try to gain market share against Android.  H-P is a wreck of a company but at least they're leading in PC sales.  Over the last 52 weeks H-P stock has nearly doubled while Apple went up 2%.  That's how poorly Wall Street thinks about Tim Cook's performance as a CEO.  Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone six years ago and it's fortunate he's not around to see his company being turned into an industry joke.

    Why can't you be reasonable? I don't think your posts have always been so curmudgeonly odious. What's up with you, Odo?
  • Reply 31 of 97
    arlorarlor Posts: 528member
    Wait. Dell GREW?
  • Reply 32 of 97
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,889member
    Just add Odo to your block list. He rarely replies to anyone. I bet he's a Sammy drone.
  • Reply 33 of 97
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    arlor wrote: »
    Wait. Dell GREW?

    1) Good for them. Risky move to go private but what they were doing certainly wasn't working for them.

    2) I assume these are business sales. I see neither used or new Dells in the consumer space but I have installed a couple dozen Dell servers this past year. These were towers that are running Windows Server 2008 not racks or blades. Of course my comments are anecdotal and it could all be in the consumer space so take them with a grain of salt.
  • Reply 34 of 97
    180c180c Posts: 7member
    rmgt008 wrote: »
    Very different story from IDC though? Am I missing something?
    IDC are full of sh#^
  • Reply 35 of 97

    This should be good for another 2% selloff in the stock the way this stock is trading.

  • Reply 36 of 97
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

     

    Mac sales don't count for hardly anything as far as Apple's revenue stream is concerned.  It's all about iPhone market share and Apple is losing that in huge amounts.  Apple shareholders will be lucky if Apple shares stay above $500.  Apple is a joke of an investment.  Google has a target price of around $1350 while Apple has a target price of around $590.  One stock will reach it and the other won't.  It's no secret that company with a CEO named Tim Cook is going repeat last year's share price fiasco.  There's absolutely no growth left in Apple as long as they try to gain market share against Android.  H-P is a wreck of a company but at least they're leading in PC sales.  Over the last 52 weeks H-P stock has nearly doubled while Apple went up 2%.  That's how poorly Wall Street thinks about Tim Cook's performance as a CEO.  Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone six years ago and it's fortunate he's not around to see his company being turned into an industry joke.


    Wow, you really know absolutely nothing.

  • Reply 37 of 97
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

     

    Wall Street does’t like a one trick pony with everything riding on a single product. That’s Apple right now. The company lives or dies with the iPhone. Remove the iPhone and Apple falls apart, period. Macs are irrelevant, iTunes is irrelevant , the iPod is irrelevant, the iPad is rising but not equal to the iPhone. Add up every other revenue stream Apple has and combined they don’t come close to the iPhone. The iPhone IS the company. As a rabid, blinders on Fanboy even I know this is cause for concern.

     

    If the iPhone stumbles Apple hits the curb. Microsoft is in the same position you say? Yes, but their two trick pony (Windows and Office) is embedded in the fabric and DNA of the Enterprise. 


    I see.   And what exactly happens to Google when you remove search?  Aren't they a one trick pony?  What about removing PC sales from or Dell?  What happens to them?  You're point is stupid.  

  • Reply 38 of 97
    marubenimarubeni Posts: 334member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

     

    Mac sales don't count for hardly anything as far as Apple's revenue stream is concerned.  It's all about iPhone market share and Apple is losing that in huge amounts.  Apple shareholders will be lucky if Apple shares stay above $500.  Apple is a joke of an investment.  Google has a target price of around $1350 while Apple has a target price of around $590.  One stock will reach it and the other won't.  It's no secret that company with a CEO named Tim Cook is going repeat last year's share price fiasco.  There's absolutely no growth left in Apple as long as they try to gain market share against Android.  H-P is a wreck of a company but at least they're leading in PC sales.  Over the last 52 weeks H-P stock has nearly doubled while Apple went up 2%.  That's how poorly Wall Street thinks about Tim Cook's performance as a CEO.  Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone six years ago and it's fortunate he's not around to see his company being turned into an industry joke.


    Apple is losing iPhone market share? Tim SHOULD really be fired then.

  • Reply 39 of 97
    marubenimarubeni Posts: 334member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jack Baker View Post

     

    I see.   And what exactly happens to Google when you remove search?  Aren't they a one trick pony?  What about removing PC sales from or Dell?  What happens to them?  You're point is stupid.  


     

    All of Google's revenue come from search advertising, but they have no competition (I am not sure what their market share is, but it is probably in the 70% range at the very least). Dell is a PC company, but a consumer laptop is not really viewed as being in the same space as a server, and a monitor is not the same as either one of the two, so this analogy is specious.

  • Reply 40 of 97
    marubenimarubeni Posts: 334member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Arlor View Post



    Wait. Dell GREW?

     

    Dell has very nice new laptops (with QHD+, or Retina, or whatever they are, displays).

Sign In or Register to comment.