Tim Cook makes rare TV appearance to hype Apple-China Mobile deal

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

I'm missing these 3: "Google Click Track",  "Remove Google ..." and "Get Off My Lawn". Thanks for the tip.

That’s GoogleClickTracker and Remove Google Redirects. I used to get my obscure (and wonderful) Safari extensions from here, but they haven’t updated the site in, what, three years? 

Anyone else know of a good place to get extensions that isn’t extensions.apple.com?

• Reply 62 of 66
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Your entire argument is based on this assumption. How do you know Apple isn't exploring new products?

The absence of data NOT being evidence of absence....

• Reply 63 of 66
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    The absence of data NOT being evidence of absence....

Did you mean the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence?
  • Reply 64 of 66
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Did you mean the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence?

I knew that didn't sound quite right.

My lab habits kicking in... it's all data.

:)

• Reply 65 of 66
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    I knew that didn't sound quite right.

My lab habits kicking in... it's all data.

:)

Good thing is that now you qualify to run for the US presidency. :lol:
  • Reply 66 of 66
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    pembroke wrote: »
    Apple are involved with Pro Desktops, Standard Desktops, Laptops, Tablets and Mobile Phones. Google are involved with Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones, GoogleGlass, Self-drive cars, Robotics and now Networked Home Accessories - and, of course, Search. Google's portfolio is more varied. Self-drive cars and Robotics have an exciting flare to them, a flare that Apple seems to lack at the moment. There is a lot of expectation for Apple to develop disruptive technology. They have earned that from past performance. It seems any development less than being market-disruptive, no matter how it may reflect admirable advances over previous iterations, gets a 'meh' from many Tech media sources.  

typically companies that innovate without focus (xerox, sony, ibm) do poorly over the long haul...will see about google but my money is on APPL