Earnings preview: Wall Street expecting record iPhone, iPad sales from Apple's Q1 2014

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm getting a little nervous as some people are throwing up ridiculous estimates. Ben Bajarin on twitter says he won't be surprised if iPhone number is 60M and iPad is 30M. Those numbers would shock me.

If I don’t see a mountain range on the far horizon comprised entirely of iPhones, Apple is doomed.

• Reply 22 of 32
    Apple: doomed if they do, doomed if they don't.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple: doomed if they do, doomed if they don't.
    Yep. I'm already seeing news reports from Blomberg & WSJ predicting that numbers won't be as good as expected. And if they are it doesn't matter because good news has already been "priced in to the stock".
  • Reply 24 of 32
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

The numbers are in. 

HUGE results.

• Reply 25 of 32
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »
    dont worry. its all about EPS growth.  If they can grow EPS 5-10% the stock will be $600 by March. 
    Oh I'm in the stock for the long haul. The double standards just appall me. How come only good news from Apple is already priced into the stock? How come last quarter when Google reported good but not out of this world numbers the stock shot up over $100. Why wasn't good news already priced into their stock?
  • Reply 26 of 32
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Ouch. Down 6% after hours... recovering slightly, but looks like Q2 will be flat compared to FY13. PE Stuck at 13 for eternity?
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Stock down more than $30 after hours. The shorts are really having a field day.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Seems like only a new product will boost margins above 40% again
    No, it seems more like the only way to reduce margins is to lower costs. It seems hard to "reward" Apple with the spaceship campus when revenue is essentially flat. At this point, the company is just worth its discounted free cash flow, and I am having a hard time imagining what can change that picture.

Presently, Apple is valued at a 10.4% discount rate assuming flat cash flow for the next 20 years.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

It seems hard to "reward" Apple with the spaceship campus when revenue is essentially flat. 

You’ve lost it.

• Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Google is 90% owned by Wall street.

Apple only 60%

You are saying your pension fund is wall street? That's pretty silly. Institutional ownership = ownership by lots of ordinary people. 

• Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

No, it seems more like the only way to reduce margins is to lower costs. It seems hard to "reward" Apple with the spaceship campus when revenue is essentially flat. At this point, the company is just worth its discounted free cash flow, and I am having a hard time imagining what can change that picture.

Presently, Apple is valued at a 10.4% discount rate assuming flat cash flow for the next 20 years.

Since the 30 year bond is paying considerably less than that, that must mean that Apple is quite undervalued, no?