Apple posts behind the scenes video of '1.24.14' Mac ad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Quote:

The Rough Cut and Final Cut Edits are combined into a single, on-going, almost real-time process.

"That's a cut", "that's an edit", "that's a print", "that's a distribution", "that's a showing" -- all are combined Into one seamless workflow... Quite amazing, really.

The only thing they didn't show is that it was most likely edited on Adobe Premiere as Angus Wall's company (Rock Paper Scissors) dumped Final Cut Pro last year and switched to Adobe.  

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/customer-stories-video-film-and-audio/creative-cloud-rock-paper-scissors-switches-to-premiere-pro-cc/

• Reply 22 of 31
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

Very good! I was actually more impressed with the technology but the spot was good.

• Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

In other words, they still have no taste.

Yes. I figured that was implied when I said it was nearly identical =)

• Reply 24 of 31
    bdkennedy1 wrote: »
    Yawn.

Guess you just don't get the Apple philosophy. People use Apple products to be creative. This ad, as do other Apple ads and Apple keynotes, tries to show you what can be achieved using Apple hardware and software that works seamlessly together.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Yawn.

crosslad wrote: »
    Yawn.

Guess you just don't get the Apple philosophy. People use Apple products to be creative. This ad, as do other Apple ads and Apple keynotes, tries to show you what can be achieved using Apple hardware and software that works seamlessly together.

+1
  • Reply 26 of 31
    The Rough Cut and Final Cut Edits are combined into a single, on-going, almost real-time process.

"That's a cut", "that's an edit", "that's a print", "that's a distribution", "that's a showing" -- all are combined Into one seamless workflow... Quite amazing, really.
    The only thing they didn't show is that it was most likely edited on Adobe Premiere as Angus Wall's company (Rock Paper Scissors) dumped Final Cut Pro last year and switched to Adobe.  
    http://tv.adobe.com/watch/customer-stories-video-film-and-audio/creative-cloud-rock-paper-scissors-switches-to-premiere-pro-cc/

It could be that they used Premiere for the edits...

To bad... with Premiere, the Rough Cut and Final Cuts would be separate and would have taken days longer than with 2014's FCP 10.1 :D

Seriously, I suspect that when you choose an "Editor" (or any creative, for that matter), you expect them to use the tools they prefer to accomplish the creative task at hand.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    psych_guy wrote: »
    Really?  Using "Look Up" on the iMac yields the following: 

<span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);display:inline;margin-left:0em;padding-left:0em;">impactful<span> </span>|<span style="margin-left:.3em;margin-right:.3em;">im?paktf?l</span>
    </span>
    <span style="color:rgb(17,17,17);display:inline;margin-left:0em;padding-left:0em;text-indent:-1em;"><span style="display:inline;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;margin-top:.2em;padding-left:0em;"><span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);margin-right:.3em;"><span style="margin-right:.3em;">adjective</span>
    </span>
    <span id="user_m_en_us1420130.001" style="display:block;padding-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;">having a major impact or effect<span>: </span>an eye-catching and impactful design<span>.</span></span>
    </span>
    </span>
    It's still not a word. It's recently been added to an American English dictionary because it is used so much, but it is business babble. If impact means effect, which it doesn't, why doesn't effectful make any sense? Don't answer, nobody cares but me. :)
  • Reply 28 of 31
    funkfeend wrote: »
    psych_guy wrote: »
    Really?  Using "Look Up" on the iMac yields the following: 

<span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);display:inline;margin-left:0em;padding-left:0em;">impactful<span> </span>|<span style="margin-left:.3em;margin-right:.3em;">im?paktf?l</span>
    </span>
    <span style="color:rgb(17,17,17);display:inline;margin-left:0em;padding-left:0em;text-indent:-1em;"><span style="display:inline;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;margin-top:.2em;padding-left:0em;"><span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);margin-right:.3em;"><span style="margin-right:.3em;">adjective</span>
    </span>
    <span id="user_m_en_us1420130.001" style="display:block;padding-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;">having a major impact or effect<span>: </span>an eye-catching and impactful design<span>.</span></span>
    </span>
    </span>
    It's still not a word. It's recently been added to an American English dictionary because it is used so much, but it is business babble. If impact means effect, which it doesn't, why doesn't effectful make any sense? Don't answer, nobody cares but me. :)

Look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls...

...It comes after athleticness...
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by funkfeend View Post

It's still not a word. It's recently been added to an American English dictionary because it is used so much, but it is business babble. If impact means effect, which it doesn't, why doesn't effectful make any sense? Don't answer, nobody cares but me. image

Do you have a particular date you'd like to state as being the "final" version of the dictionary, so you can define when language evolution stops? It's like the Amish refusing technology... other than all the highest technology available in the mid 1800s or so. Arbitrary "this is where it stops!"

It maketh perfect sense. :)

• Reply 30 of 31
    It just occurred to me that Ridley Scott shot a "behind the scenes" film before… Only he combined it with the actual film, itself!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401445/
  • Reply 31 of 31
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    jkichline wrote: »
    15 Locations in 10 Countries
    Oh it was just me. Must have been a 3am mis-read :-)