Sochi 2014: The best ways to follow the Winter Olympics on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I feel great sadness for the many decent people in Russia who have had their country hijacked by corruption and divisive politics. Some people should just never be given the reigns of power. My country is reeling from a similar, appalling lurch to the political right. Six years unwound at the stroke of a pen by a fearful, duped public, and the machinations of a complicit media empire. It's not even traditionalism or conservatism: it's just cronyism, scapegoating and class warfare.

My I ask which country?

I have no need to boycott these games.  I mean why the f would I be interested in such silly games like OCD ice sweeping and skiing off a huge jump for no good reason and doing flips in the air on skis (again for no good reason) and hurtling down a man-made ice tube in a coffin on skates...you guessed it...for no good reason?

• Reply 22 of 28
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    If you're going to insist on good reasons for sports and games then you aren't going to be a sports and games fan.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

My I ask which country?

I have no need to boycott these games.  I mean why the f would I be interested in such silly games like OCD ice sweeping and skiing off a huge jump for no good reason and doing flips in the air on skis (again for no good reason) and hurtling down a man-made ice tube in a coffin on skates...you guessed it...for no good reason?

The reason is to try and be the absolute best you can be at that particular discipline, to put yourself up against the very best in the world and see what you're made of.

To be quite honest, other than eating, drinking, urinating, defecating, and sleeping, there is nothing you need to do.  There is nothing for which there is a "good reason" (you know, staying alive).  But we tend not to judge elements of our lives by simply whether or not it keeps us alive.

For what "good reason" do you watch a movie?  Or listen to music?  Or play a game?  Or read this website, for that matter?

• Reply 24 of 28
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    pigybank wrote: »
    Sorry, I won't be watching the commie gay bash games.

Why are there no openly gay members on the Us figure skating team?
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I already pay for an ISP. Why should I have to pay for cable TV also to get a stream of the Olympics? You see, I use an antenna.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Why are there no openly gay members on the Us figure skating team?

Because Johnny Weir left?  I don't know.

Whether Gold or Wagner are gay, I have no idea.  Same with Brown and ... what's his name?  I can't remember.  But why does it matter to you?  They can be gay or straight or bi or whatever, what difference does it make?

Personally, I WISH Gold and Wagner were gay, and would release a sex tape.  But I don't think that this is really the forum to discuss it, do you?

• Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjduffy View Post

I already pay for an ISP. Why should I have to pay for cable TV also to get a stream of the Olympics? You see, I use an antenna.

The 1970s called, and they would like their disco and big hair back.

Thanx

• Reply 28 of 28
    from fake-william-shattner: "What do these douchebags have to actually pay for other than the billion dollars in bribes it takes to host the Olympics?"

Dear Fake,

They say that it takes one to know one.

Sincerely.