Developers experiencing issues with Apple iTunes Connect

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2014
Developers around the world have been experiencing issues with Apple's app submission and management tool iTunes Connect, with many unable to upload or modify their products since Wednesday night.

System Status

According to an Apple Developer Forums thread started on Thursday, devs from Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, South Korea, the U.S. and the UK were affected by the apparent downtime.

Forum members complained of slow server response times and upload failures, but the overarching issue was an error message claiming a faulty network connection. AppleInsider reader Gregg experienced the issue first hand, saying he had "a few problems" similar to those described by forum members.

Some users attempted to reset router settings, open ports, restart Xcode and the iTunes Connect Loader to no avail, meaning the problem is on Apple's end. As seen above, however, the Developer System Status page showed green across the board during the ordeal.

While Apple has yet to release an official explanation on the matter, forum handler "DrErnie" said the following in a post on Thursday:
We regret the inconvenience. We believe we have resolved the source of the errors. If you are still having problems, please reply to this thread providing as much details as you can. Thank you.
Still, the problem persists for some developers in various locations and the forum posts continue. Most recently, developers are reporting sporadic network timeouts and slower than normal upload speeds.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Even if they've fixed the submission problems I have a different problem. My app update was approved and I released it on the store about 6 hours ago and it's still showing the old version and it's not appearing on Software Update, even though the newer version is listed as current in iTunes Connect. Normally the delay is about 90 minutes at most.