Apple design chief Jony Ive temporarily disappears from executive leadership directory [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 77
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Investor View Post

I have been updating my own website all weekend. You make a change, upload it, look at it, and say, "Wow, I really screwed up that picture or that link", and you try again.

I'm guessing the same thing happened here.

Yeah but you don't trial and error update the production website of a Fortune 500 company.  Changes should go to a staging website, approved by an editor, approved by a QA team, then pushed to production.

I also never understood why the entire store needs to be taken completely down for hours just to update products.  

• Reply 22 of 77
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I see he's back and nothing on the site appears to have changed. Wonder why it was taken down in the first place?

EDIT: and couldn't they have replaced his photo with one more current, where he's smiling perhaps. The guy does know how to smile.

marc-newson-bono-and-jony-ive-on-the-red-carpet.jpg

So ... Who are those other guys? ;)
  • Reply 23 of 77
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    razorpit wrote: »
    But they're bigger!  That means something right?  Who cares about a 64-bit processor, touch ID, iBeacons, etc.  None of that matters (at least until Android gets something similar).  ;-)
    What cracks me up is people knock Apple for being all about form over function or being a design and advertising company not a technology company. Yet these same people complain when Apple updates their products without making aesthetic changes. Can't have it both ways,
  • Reply 24 of 77
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

This is about as stupid as it gets for AppleInsider management. A complete, total, ludicrous non-story blown up into some devastating Apple news story. Are there really people who camp out on Apple’s website looking for stuff like this? Do these people really have no life? 

I have to say this is, without a doubt, the dumbest article ever to be posted on an Apple centric website. Ignoramuses.

• Reply 25 of 77
    AI, delete this story.
  • Reply 26 of 77
    Congratulations. This is one of the stupidest postings I've read on here in a long time.
  • Reply 27 of 77
    lkrupp wrote: »
    This is about as stupid as it gets for AppleInsider management. A complete, total, ludicrous non-story blown up into some devastating Apple news story. Are there really people who camp out on Apple’s website looking for stuff like this? Do these people really have no life? 

I have to say this is, without a doubt, the dumbest article ever to be posted on an Apple centric website. Ignoramuses.
    Hey it's up to 8 pages on MacRumors. :D Anyway, seeing an executive like Ive missing from Apple's leadership page would be newsworthy. But wouldn't it make sense to reach out to Apple before posting anything?
  • Reply 28 of 77

So, this is what passes for Apple news.  Wow.  It's all over the internet so I guess a lot of people think it's important.

• Reply 29 of 77
    kibitzer wrote: »
    So ... Who are those other guys? ;)

I think the middle one is 'Bono'? from U2. Dunno who the one on the left is.
  • Reply 30 of 77
    I think the middle one is 'Bono'? from U2. Dunno who the one on the left is.

-WHOOSH-
  • Reply 31 of 77

Shit. Freaked out so bad!

Until they release iWatch to detect and warn me on any possible heart attacks, please be gentle with these sort of news! :smokey:

• Reply 32 of 77

FYI: One doesn't dynamically change their live web site. You having staging servers, even at home. Someone screwed up the update and most likely won't like work today.

• Reply 33 of 77
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I see he's back and nothing on the site appears to have changed. Wonder why it was taken down in the first place?

EDIT: and couldn't they have replaced his photo with one more current, where he's smiling perhaps. The guy does know how to smile.

marc-newson-bono-and-jony-ive-on-the-red-carpet.jpg

That has to be a fake smile. No one smiles in the company of Bono except fellow sociopaths.

• Reply 34 of 77
    rogifan wrote: »
    Ever heard of a mistake, just maybe? WAG on my part but seems reasonable. Possibly when business hours start there will be a short press release?
    According to the BBC Apple said it was in the process of updating executive profiles. Doesn't look like anything was changed though. Perhaps they're still working on it and threw Ive back up there (same photo/bio) so rumors wouldn't spread further.

They should be adding the new retail leader about now.
  • Reply 35 of 77
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

couldn't they have replaced his photo with one more current, where he's smiling perhaps. The guy does know how to smile.

He's English.

We don't smile into a camera unless we are drunk.

• Reply 36 of 77
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    techguy911 wrote: »
    I also never understood why the entire store needs to be taken completely down for hours just to update products.  

It builds the excitement.
  • Reply 37 of 77
    evilution wrote: »
    He's English.
    We don't smile into a camera unless we are drunk.
    Ok, then take a picture of him when he's drunk. :D
  • Reply 38 of 77
    Pleeeze Jony SMILE for god's sake.....is working at Apple that depressing/boring?
  • Reply 39 of 77
    dnd0ps wrote: »
    If this actually happened, $AAPL might actually rise. 
    I'd be fine with that.
  • Reply 40 of 77

Why did AI post this article *after* his photo had already been put back up on the web page?  Odd.  If you were looking to drive down stock prices so you could buy more stock on the cheap, you're out of luck as the markets are closed today.