Apple patents sensor-packed health monitoring headphones with 'head gesture' control

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I love my earpods but I'd love them even more if Apple cut the cords.

I’d really like to see what they can do with their wireless headset patents these days. You know, something invisibly wearable, back of the neck sort of thing with really high audio quality. Forget loudness. The last thing we need is more terrible “music” heard when sitting 20 feet from the person listening (deafening?) to it, and that drains battery like nobody’s business. Focus on being the best audio quality from any device even remotely in that category.

• Reply 22 of 28

The patents must have submitted a while ago because the diagrams are of the old iPhone ear buds. The old buds hurt my ears since I have small ears and the new ear pods work great for me. Only peeps I hear complaining about them falling out have big ears and yes not everyone is designed the same. Also iPhone ear pods are not perfect but are the best earphones to come with a mobile device yet.

• Reply 23 of 28
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    The patents must have submitted a while ago because the diagrams are of the old iPhone ear buds. The old buds hurt my ears since I have small ears and the new ear pods work great for me. Only peeps I hear complaining about them falling out have big ears and yes not everyone is designed the same. Also iPhone ear pods are not perfect but are the best earphones to come with a mobile device yet.

This was filed in 2007 but patents from Apple will use old designs in their diagrams. I assume not to give anything away to any potential competitors who may be looking for clues.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Head gestures? You all ought to read the book "The Circle". Kinda scary - life imitates fiction.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    The earphones that came with my iphone 5 do sound nice. They just won't stay in my ears. Maybe I don't know the correct way to wear them, but Apple's are the only ones I've ever had a problem wearing. It's ironic because everything else Apple designs just seems natural to me.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robert.Public View Post

http://www.lg.com/us/fitness-activity-trackers/lg-FR74-heart-rate-monitor

I guess this the one that was at CES.

Not yet a shipping product but as we know, LG, scamsung and Fred, who lives 5 doors down, all beat Apple into health and fitness.

• Reply 28 of 28
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Blow me over, I thought this was a shower head and Apple was growing desperate.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sammy saw some possibilities here.