TV4 debuts on Apple TV in Sweden

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited September 2014
Apple TV owners in Sweden gained access to a new channel on Tuesday, with the TV4 network gaining its own dedicated application on Apple's set-top box.

TV4 is Sweden's largest commercial broadcasting network. Availability of the channel was announced by TV4 after its launch on Monday, boasting live broadcasting and original programming.

Full episodes of TV4 Group shows are available to watch for up to 7 days after their original air date. TV4 Play Premium subscribers in Sweden can also access additional content with the most recent and previously aired episodes available for a longer time period

"We're incredibly excited to be the first Scandinavian content provider Annika Larsson J?rund, head of TV4 Play. "With HD content from 'TV4 Play' on Apple TV it's even easier for viewers to enjoy the wide range of entertainment and quality broadcasting available from TV4."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I like the approach of having shows available for 7 days without needing to be a subscriber. Far too many of the added Apps on AppleTV are completely useless to me as they require a cable TV subscription.

There are some that I would pay a subscription for if it were available (and do for the ones that have that option such as GameCentre & Netflix) however many of the added channels add no benefit to me.