When is the Press Conference?

2»

Comments

• Reply 20 of 35
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    I'd say it depends on what is announced.

If it's just the rackmoutns 1 hour and 2 hours for other stuff we already know, the it may get out soon.

If it's something really mind blowing, then the journalists may be so boggled that the forget to post until everything is over

But I think it will be the first.

G-news
  • Reply 22 of 35
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple usually updates their site AFTER the event is over, not during it. 12 PM PDT is when the conference is over. Some newsites will have info prior to the end but probably not any photos which are embargoed until the meeting is over.

Update: It's a few minutes before the event is to begin and Apple has not closed down their site with the usual notice "We'll Be Back After We Update..". What that means is anybody's guess.

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 23 of 35
    ziplocziploc Posts: 41member
    Anyone know of a site that has someone inside the press confrence that will be giving info as it comes out?
  • Reply 24 of 35
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>It's a few minutes before the event is to begin and Apple has not closed down their site with the usual notice "We'll Be Back After We Update..". What that means is anybody's guess.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They don't always do this, so I don't really think it means anything.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    scott f.scott f. Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by ziploc:

<strong>Anyone know of a site that has someone inside the press confrence that will be giving info as it comes out?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same question... MOSR claimed: "Stay tuned to Rumors for up-to-the-minute coverage of this week's Server announcements..." but I doubt they will have anything timely.

Anyplace on the "in" for this news conference...?
  • Reply 24 of 35
    eddivelyeddively Posts: 74member
    it started! it started and we don't know whats going on

don't tell me i'm not paying attention in 3 of my classes for nothing...
  • Reply 27 of 35
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    maccentral ususally has a play-by-play, due to their association with macworld. but they haven't said anything...yet. maybe i should just go to lunch, and come back to find the new hardware.

kinda like when i was a kid waiting for santa... just go to sleep, wake up, and the gifts are under the tree.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>

Update: It's a few minutes before the event is to begin and Apple has not closed down their site with the usual notice "We'll Be Back After We Update..". What that means is anybody's guess.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is something that may not be available through the Apple Store. My guess is it won't even be available until the rest of the DDR G4 PowerMacs are introduced later this year at MWNY.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    That is actually a clever guess.

Depends mainly on the "desktopability" of those systems. (graphics cards, USB, Firewire, expansion etc)

G-News
  • Reply 30 of 35
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    MacCentral updating live
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Maccentral is doing a play by play now incase any one missed it
  • Reply 31 of 35
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    MacCentral is updating.

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>
  • Reply 33 of 35
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Xserv- also designed for education.

If it does what I think it does, it's all going according to plan.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0205/14.server.php"; target="_blank">MacCentral Report Page</a>

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: ziploc ]</p>
  • Reply 35 of 35
    From MacCentral Report:

[quote] Pricing & Availability starts at $2999 for two standard models: 1GHz dual 256MB DDR and a 60GB hard disk for $2999 -- 1GHz dual 512 MB DDR with a 60GB for $3999. <hr></blockquote>

$1,000 for 256MB DDR extra? Must be more than one drive.

zip