Apple's iOS 7.1 brings iPhone 4 speed enhancements, iBeacon improvements

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    ireland wrote: »
    Your charger?

Seriously try digging lint out of charging port. I thought I must have damaged mine, but AT&T rep (apple stores are way too crowded to visit in manhattan) dug a ton of it out of mine and it's like new again. It did the on/off charging thing for a 2 weeks until it wouldn't charge at all. So much pocket lint gets in there packed down until plug won't go all the way in. It was surprising, but rep had seen it before!
  • Reply 62 of 66
    dysamoria wrote: »
    It's still slower than iOS 6. It still has the bad GUI design. It's still ugly and hard to look at. I'm STILL not downgrading.

Slower than iOS 6? My 5 is way quicker, and 7.1 is a lot quicker than 7.0.6.

Judging from your comments, you would be much better off with a feature phone.
  • Reply 63 of 66

I love all the new features and look of iOS 7. I simply do not understand people's trepidation with it. On that point, I also have noticed that my 4 is significantly faster on 7.1 than what 7.0.6 was, as you did with your 5. I think that for those who were disenchanted with the 7.0.x series should really give 7.1 a shot. It is definitely an improvement.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member

I love all the new features and look of iOS 7. I simply do not understand people's trepidation with it. On that point, I also have noticed that my 4 is significantly faster on 7.1 than what 7.0.6 was, as you did with your 5. I think that for those who were disenchanted with the 7.0.x series should really give 7.1 a shot. It is definitely an improvement.

I like the new features but dont like the new look. To me its too garish and too much like it was given a fisherprice look but thats my personal preference. Maybe the classic look was there too long and I became too familiar with it.... oh god im getting old :o
  • Reply 65 of 66
    I like the new features but dont like the new look. To me its too garish and too much like it was given a fisherprice look but thats my personal preference. Maybe the classic look was there too long and I became too familiar with it.... oh god im getting old :o

It's ok to voice dislike for the new look.

I, too, thought the colours overwhelming initially. My solution was to use black and white backgrounds that Apple provides. These offset the colourfulness of the icons well. My iPhone has the black with dots background and my iPad the black and white landscape scene. Give them a try if you haven't already; it may be what you need.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Yeah, no you're not getting old. It's not just you. The colors are a bit much. I guess mostly I'm just so happy with how much better it makes my 4 run and I dig all the iOS 7 features, I may be guilty of overlooking the UI's admitted gawdiness.