ipod battery

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>for those who were wondering, it's now been about two weeks, and i just had to charge up my iPod yesterday for the first time.

seems i must not have been pausing it, and i didn't have it set to shut itself off automatically. i've even been leaving it on, but paused to see if that would slow it down, but it didn't one bit. guess my iPod wasn't the real problem in this equation.

oh yeah, and i hadn't flashed the iPod and reinstalled anything yet either, so it's been fine this entire time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

So you restored it and it's been working ever since? That seems too easy... If so, I'll be happy. I'll give it a try tonight. thx.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    actually, the really sad part is i didn't do anything. it just left it the way it was and now it works just fine.

however, i did change TWO things.

1. turn off the reminders/notifiers that's part of the calander crap.

2. turn on the option to auto shut the thing off after it's been running an hour or so.

i think that reminder crap might be what was killing my battery life.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    I was concerned about the battery on my iPod up until recently. Over the summer I had been using it quite infrequently, and despite leaving it with a full charge, the battery was down to a bar and died quick every time I went to use it.

For the past three weeks, I've been using it everyday for atleast an hour each day, and it's lasted a solid week to ten days between charges. I don't quite know why, but it seems like the more I use it, the better the battery works.

Interestingly, I also recently got a cellphone with a lithium polymer battery and the young lady who sold it to me told me that I should charge it very frequently for the first week or so, even if the charge hasn't depleted much. I did as she said, and sure enough, the phone's talk time seemed kind of crappy, but the charge capacity has steadily improved.

Lithium Polymer is still a fairly new technology, the iPod was one of the first devices to use one, and they still have yet to see extensive use outside of cellphones. I'd imagine that there are still some kinks to work out.

ciao,