Review: iQi Mobile wireless charging adapter for Apple's iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    aaronj wrote: »
    mac-cat wrote: »
    Wireless charging is not eco friendly and it leaves a larger carbon foot print, then a properly used power supply or computer port. The battery is bad enough, but the charging method is highly inefficient, even when it works properly. Massive waste of electrical energy! Starbucks is going to experiment with wireless charging, but I'd rather have access to a 110v outlet at every table. Solar charging directly on the screen, like a calculator, would be where I'd expect improvements, not wireless charging stations.

At the Starbucks near my house -- granted, it's TINY -- you're never out of range of an outlet.  Or nearly never.  But like I said, it's really small.  Heading there now, in fact.  I'll check my facts better.

Interesting info about wireless charging.  Thanks.  I've never really understood the point, personally.  But maybe that's just me.

Also note that a 110v outlet is the same as a 110.0v outlet, whereas OS X 10.10 is not the same as OS X 10.1, confusing though that may be to some people.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Yeah, my tiny Starbucks has outlets actually accessible from anywhere.  There's a bar by the windows, for example, and it has a row of outlets running underneath it.

So, wireless charging there would be rather pointless, seems to me.