Anybody know of a nice scanner?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Epson 1260 Photo is the best. I haven't bought a scanner since my Umax 2100U (a few years back) but this scanner is awesome!

It has a slide adapter with a holder for film negatives and slides. I never used a film scanner before, but the scanner scans the negative and automatically inverts and adjusts the color.

The scanner is sweet. If you put, say, 5 pictures on the flatbed. The scanner will scan to 5 separate files automatically. Works flawlessly with Photoshop Elements.

The front panel buttons don't work yet, but the vendor is writing drivers for the buttons. They told me they would send the driver to me in February when they send it to Epson:

[quote]Indeed we are developing a OS-X compliant smart panel and in fact it is in beta testing as we speak. As for the release date I am not sure but if you check back with us in a month and it is available I will give it out for free.<hr></blockquote>

$129 at Circuit City. With the $30 rebate, it's $99.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by gordy:

<strong>

The scanner is sweet. If you put, say, 5 pictures on the flatbed. The scanner will scan to 5 separate files automatically. Works flawlessly with Photoshop Elements.

The front panel buttons don't work yet, but the vendor is writing drivers for the buttons. They told me they would send the driver to me in February when they send it to Epson:

$129 at Circuit City. With the $30 rebate, it's $99.</strong><hr></blockquote>

what? I have the 1660.... where is this feature to save to different files!? I want that!
  • Reply 23 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Macintosh:

<strong>

Why the sarcastic tongue? Isnt it good quality?</strong><hr></blockquote>

this is really not a sarcastic tongue smily. i was serious about what i said. epson makes some great scanners (i still have one, but dont have a SCSI anymore so cant use it.) . btw, i have the canon LiDE30 and i do not recommend it for the user who demands a little exta quality. it does the job, but it is far from pro. it's good if you use a scanner only on occasion, and for emailing pics to friends or posting them somewhere online. besides...it's sooooo slow. you'd be there for 10 years with 1,500 pics to scan.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    I'm looking for a flatbed scanner that also supports slide scanning in the ~$250 price range.

The Epson 2400 Photo looks interesting, but I'm not sure about the state of the MacOS X drivers. There seem to be drivers for 10.2.1-10.2.2, but 10.2.3 is not mentioned. Does anybody have this (or a competitor) scanner and can comment on features / stability etc. of the OS X driver?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by GSpotter:

<strong>I'm looking for a flatbed scanner that also supports slide scanning in the ~$250 price range.

The Epson 2400 Photo looks interesting, but I'm not sure about the state of the MacOS X drivers. There seem to be drivers for 10.2.1-10.2.2, but 10.2.3 is not mentioned. Does anybody have this (or a competitor) scanner and can comment on features / stability etc. of the OS X driver?</strong><hr></blockquote>

i have the 1660U as stated and use the epson driver under 10.2.3...... rock solid... very nice