40% of Pandora users listen on Apple devices, service still growing despite iTunes Radio launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

I have not been happy with iTunes Radio and switched back to Pandora happily. I would find that radio stations I added would just disappear. Then I wasn't able to listen to more then a few songs at a time. The licensing must be quirky. I am a very happy Pandora customer and I have found great new music with their service. I may never go back to iTunes Radio. 

I had iTunes radio cut out also, but it was because I had a flaky internet connection.  I think that Pandora keeps trying and iTunes gives up too easily.

• Reply 22 of 25
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member

I on the other hand have switched to iTunes Radio. It hasn't lost any playlists I've ever created and at $25 a year versus $60 for Pandora I couldn't be more happier. I also get iTunes match which Pandora doesn't offer with its service which gives me commercial free listening as well. I think the users give up to easily, not iTunes Radio. Apple doesn't ever create a service and let it stagnate unless they plan to get rid of it. With the success of iTunes Radio that is not going to be the case as it is also growing rapidly.

• Reply 23 of 25
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b9bot View Post

I on the other hand have switched to iTunes Radio. It hasn't lost any playlists I've ever created and at $25 a year versus $60 for Pandora I couldn't be more happier. I also get iTunes match which Pandora doesn't offer with its service which gives me commercial free listening as well. I think the users give up to easily, not iTunes Radio. Apple doesn't ever create a service and let it stagnate unless they plan to get rid of it. With the success of iTunes Radio that is not going to be the case as it is also growing rapidly.

Pandora is $36/year 

-- edit, never mind - looks like they raised their prices

• Reply 24 of 25
    I'm sticking with Pandora. I find it is much better at finding and presenting new music. iTunes radio is somewhat myopic in this regard. But more importantly for me - Apple has really pissed me off! iTunes radio will run on an Windows XP box, an operating system released in 2001 from a competitor but the folks at Apple can't find a way to support THEIR OWN SNOW LEOPARD CUSTOMERS! Mr. Cook, there are some off us who NEED their Snow Leopard machine because there actually is some great older software that will not run on different flavors of Lions and Mavericks.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    envirogenvirog Posts: 188member
    Since I have iTunes Match I appreciate listening to iTunes Radio commercial free. Sadly, even with nearly matching music seeds for it & my Pandora stations, I can't seem to get iTunes Radio to duplicate the listening experience I enjoy on Pandora. Lots of repetition of the same songs that I don't like is my experience on iTunes Radio with just a handful of songs I do like. This is especially the case for the electronic genre of music. I hope it gets better soon!