Director wants Christian Bale to play role of Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Ever since I read that Aaron Sorkin was on board to write the script, I'd been racking my brains thinking who would play Steve, and couldn't think of anybody suitable (I have to admit Ashton Kutcher wasn't half bad!) and now I read here it could be Christian Bale, and it fits! I'm also surprised at myself for Bale not occurring to me either, as for a good few years now, he's been my favourite Hollywood actor! (It used to be Johnny Depp but he's been doing too many uninteresting big budget types over recent years) I hope CB agrees to do it - he'd be great!
  • Reply 22 of 52
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    malax wrote: »
    This is the first thread I've ever seen on AI where the first dozen or so posts were positive about whatever rumor or reports was presented in the article.  Where are the Christian Bale haters?

Bale is a horrible choice. He doesn't even have NFC or an SD card slot!! I can't even customize his face.

I think Bale has Jobs' temper down. Good choice.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    arlor wrote: »
    Now get Giamatti to play Woz.

Giamatti is a good choice, but I'd go with Zach Galifianakis.
  • Reply 24 of 52
    sudonymsudonym Posts: 233member

I don't think that any living actor could accurately portray Steve.  He was too complex for their meager talents.

• Reply 25 of 52
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Bale is the best non-Daniel Day Lewis choice.

Should erase the memory of Ashton Kutcher.

Yes, hard to argue with Sorkin - Fincher - Bale. The movie may not be any good but you could hardly stack it any better. 

• Reply 26 of 52
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Daniel Day Lewis. He will get every single one of Jobs' nuances right. He'll be uncanny.

But if Bale duplicates his Patrick Bates role, then he's 98% of the way there. Minus the chainsaw and Huey Lewis.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    Daniel Day Lewis. He will get every single one of Jobs' nuances right. He'll be uncanny.

Then SJ can tell Eric Schmidt "I drink your milkshake" :lol:

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 28 of 52
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Hmmm...I don't know.

Does anybody here think Bale has what it takes to play Steve having a tantrum?

Does he really have any experience in this area?

lol, I'd say so.

• Reply 29 of 52

Christian Bale is a great candidate.  But my choice would be Daniel Day-Lewis.

• Reply 30 of 52
    tjduffytjduffy Posts: 28member
    Didn't I see that movie with Ashton Kutcher? Not
  • Reply 31 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    He'd be a great choice. He's got more than enough range to play Steve Jobs.

1) He can get emotional without consideration for another's feelings when he's focusing on perfection, like Jobs...

[see evolution's post above for video]

edit: Dammit! I just noticed [@]GTR[/@] and [@]Evilution[/@] pipped me.

2) He can lose weight to play Steve toward the end…

• Reply 32 of 52
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Yes please. He's the perfect choice. Phenomenal actor.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    1) He can get emotional without consideration for another's feelings when he's focusing on perfection, like Jobs...

[see evolution's post above for video]

edit: Dammit! I just noticed [@]GTR[/@] and [@]Evilution[/@] pipped me.

2) He can lose weight to play Steve toward the end…

You are probably being faceceos but I thought this screenplay was supposed to focus on just the iPod or iPhone unveiling?
  • Reply 34 of 52
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Just don't check lights "distracting" him during a scene in Terminator! Nothing but two people and green screen crap all over the place. Like that scene couldn't have been done fifty times over! A fricken' cardboard box terminator--oooohh! The light guy apologized but ASSHOLE Bale would not give it up, the PoS! Maybe had the director screamed quiet on the set, ACTION, then the light guy wouldn't have checked the lights. Of course this was after the director asked sound if all was good%u2026 I refuse to see anything that shit Bale is in. I don't care WHAT role he plays in whatever movie. Typical Hollywood douche! Name me one job outside of those asshole Hollywood types where one employee, and that was what Bale was, can ream another while telling his supervisor to shut the F' up and still have HIS job?

Screw Bale!

• Reply 35 of 52
    rot'napple wrote: »
    Just don't check lights "distracting" him during a scene in Terminator! Nothing but two people and green screen crap all over the place. Like that scene couldn't have been done fifty times over! A fricken' cardboard box terminator--oooohh! The light guy apologized but ASSHOLE Bale would not give it up, the PoS! Maybe had the director screamed quiet on the set, ACTION, then the light guy wouldn't have checked the lights. Of course this was after the director asked sound if all was good%u2026 I refuse to see anything that shit Bale is in. I don't care WHAT role he plays in whatever movie. Typical Hollywood douche! Name me one job outside of those asshole Hollywood types where one employee, and that was what Bale was, can ream another while telling his supervisor to shut the F' up and still have HIS job?

Screw Bale!

That's either fake or a reenactment.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    That's either fake or a reenactment.

It's both. It's a fake video posing as being real that is attempting to reenact the scene by choreographing to the original audio.
  • Reply 37 of 52

"...one more thing" </batman voice>

• Reply 38 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Method actor.

• Reply 39 of 52
    Bale is the best non-Daniel Day Lewis choice.
    Should erase the memory of Ashton Kutcher.

What, the memory of Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs pretending to act like Ashton Kutcher??
  • Reply 40 of 52
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Why the **** not leave Jobs be? Not a single one of these actors or these movies will be able to accurately understand or portray Jobs deepest philosophies, motivations, and spirit. They will all be superficial, blunt, and ignorant attempts to do so marketed towards the mass market, portraying Jobs in a way that does a disservice to his real character, and his real legacy. What a  joke.