iCal + Publish + P800 + Opera = Yum

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

my P800 has just arrived! wohoo!!

Congratulations on the arrival, othello. Play with it and then report back to the AI smartphone crowd! It will be nice to supplement Harald's extensive reports.

By the way: Did anybody else see the article on O'Grady's PowerPage about (obviously long-expected) P800-compatibility in an upcoming version of iSync? Unfortunately, Jason doesn't seem to know anything we haven't already figured out here.

Escher
  • Reply 22 of 34
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    well, i have only just got my P800 up and running, due to having to wait for a new SIM card from Vodafone. Have not configured it at all yet, but have managed to get my PB to see it via bluetooth (and vice-a-versa). Yet file exchange won't work for some reason -- says this device isn't supported, which is annoying as Harald has it working!

Going to give it a serious test tonight and post over the weekend
  • Reply 23 of 34
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

They've just made a booster available from AppForge ... which means all those VB programmes written for handhelds work out the box.

Sure. But this still requires that developers write in VB, take the time to recompile for Symbian/Java/P800, and distribute the recompiled program to the public.

On a semi-related note: Does anybody think that the moving of WWDC from May in San Jose to June in San Francisco has anything to do with the purely hypothetical iPhone? Harald?

othello: Good luck with the setup. We all look forward to your success and report.

Escher
  • Reply 24 of 34
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Sure. But this still requires that developers write in VB, take the time to recompile for Symbian/Java/P800, and distribute the recompiled program to the public.

On a semi-related note: Does anybody think that the moving of WWDC from May in San Jose to June in San Francisco has anything to do with the purely hypothetical iPhone? Harald?

othello: Good luck with the setup. We all look forward to your success and report.

Escher

1) You're right about the issues with development I guess.

2) I have no info at all about that, but my PERSONAL feeling is that's a time to say "Look at 64 bit Panther! Look at PPC 970! Uh, don't tell anyone now!" before a public announcement of both in July and a late September ship. But that's a different thread. Plus my hypothesis was a May launch for iPhone.

3) Othello, welcome aboard. If you're having trouble and I can help PM me, else good luck with your new friend
  • Reply 25 of 34
    stringstring Posts: 17member
    [OT] Can anyone tell me exactly how big the P800 is in comparison to, say, the Nokia 7110? It's hard to tell from the pictures on the web and I will have no way of viewing a real one before placing my order.

Those Emame screenshots from one of links above just swung it for me!

Thanks!
  • Reply 26 of 34
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    search people.. thats what it is there for...

link

look for my posts
  • Reply 27 of 34
    everything harald said about this beauty is true...

oh my gawd! its is fantastic and i only have minor niggles at the moment (like i hate the way the power charger connects -- its inviting someone as ham-fisted as me to snap the plastic clips)

blue-tooth file exchange is a joy. dragging vcards or .sis files (symbian apps) onto it is cute. uploads them then the P800 asks me if i want to install them -- it knows what they are and what to do with them.

i'm hoping that the 10.2.5 update, which has bluetooth updates, allows address book to recognise the phone. even though its not syncing, i used to use the send and receive SMS messages facility a lot with my 6310i.

now for isync...

• Reply 28 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    from the times I have played with the P800 a) its still too bulky and b) its pretty slow

I'd wait for a v2 that is smaller, maybe has OLED screen, and faster.

Other than that, it is truly a fantastic little thang
  • Reply 29 of 34
    stringstring Posts: 17member
    So I've ordered my P800. Wile I'm waiting for that, are there any must-have extras I should get? I'm thinking the largest Memory Stick - would that be 128Mb? are all Memory Sticks the same or do I need a special type?

Thanks!
  • Reply 30 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    the purple mem sticks, up to 128MB. Dont get the white ones (Magic Gate). Unless of course, it requires the Magic Gate version. I dont have a P800 so I cant tell you.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    thats a memory stick DUO and not the normal type. the 128mb ones are due out this week i believe, so you may not be able to get one right now...
  • Reply 32 of 34
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Hey, did I miss any screenshots?

Oh to be able to manage contacts and calendar....
  • Reply 33 of 34
    oh to be able to get my .ics files into the bloody thing!

at least getting the contacts in was sweet, but i keep putting off the idea of re-entering them. i'm following harald's suggestion of just viewing my ical online for the meantime
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

the purple mem sticks, up to 128MB. Dont get the white ones (Magic Gate). Unless of course, it requires the Magic Gate version. I dont have a P800 so I cant tell you.

FYI, you can use magic gate sticks, but they just appear as standard ones:

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4408