Adoption of Apple's iOS 7 continues to rise, now at 85%

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    bdj1 wrote: »
    Apple has come out and said that your ipad on public networks are open to anyone that wants to view everything on your ipad while using ios6.  I accept credit cards via my ipad using square.  Square, and any other company that allows credit cards, is now requiring I change my os to 7.  I bought the ipad based on the User Interface.  In my opinion is has been ruined.

Siri blocks out the entire background, so instead of reading what I need to search for, I have to stop everything, go try and find a pen, go find some paper, write it down, then try it again.

App icons and buttons are now "flat", which basically means they are now dull, with no detail to show what they actually do.

Everything has been whited/greyed out.  Fonts are now super skinny.  Super skinny fonts, white on a light grey background is very difficult on my eyes.  Not to mention when the background turns super bright neon.

When I had android, I tried some different Themes, and some looked cool for a moment, when I added them like a paper theme, it was not useable to me.

I paid for the UI, and now required to change it with no option to stay with the one I viewed as worth paying for.

Imagine you buy a car and they took out your nice interior and switched it to a center console scion interior.  Imagine they take that nice gleaming black and made it a dull grey with neon highlights.

Your analogy makes no sense. If the "nice interior" was a safety concern you better believe it'd be worth the switch. Same thing with iOS 7. I understand some don't like the look but at what point do you start to value security over looks? Personally, I prefer the look of iOS 7.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    iOS 7 adoption will grow anyway, because it is preinstalled on new devices.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    These are meaningless stats when most upgrades aren't educated choices. I'm one of the few who knew what I was getting and said no way. iOS 7 is horrific. The OS is the computer. I chose iPhone because the GUI was superb. Now that's been undone with iOS 7. I've therefore stopped upgrading and have chosen not to buy an iPad. We'll see what iOS 8 brings, but I've little hope it will reverse course on this GUI destruction process and I'm afraid of what Apple will do to Mac OS.

No, I'm not scared of change. All the changes in Mac OS, like natural scrolling, have thus far been sensible to me despite other people bitching (no, I don't use launch pad). iOS 7 mentality is about as far from good GUI design as you can get. It's a massive backwards step in human-computer interfacing from the company that started it all. The people who are "loving it" are the ones who can't stand things NOT changing, because they're more fashion conscious than functionality conscious.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member

We had no choice.  The security hole forced it.

If 6.1.6 were available on my devices, you'd better believe I'd upgrade from 7 to 6 in a heartbeat.

7 is incredibly ugly, and has less functionality.  It's the first release of iOS that's making me seriously consider Android for my next phone.

• Reply 25 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post

7 is incredibly ugly, and has less functionality.  It's the first release of iOS that's making me seriously consider Android for my next phone.

/s

• Reply 26 of 27
    I wish I could put iOS 6 on my iPhone 5S. I hate everything about iOS 7
  • Reply 27 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by jjrosga View Post

I wish I could put iOS 6 on my iPhone 5S. I hate everything about iOS 7

That’s nice. Enjoy the past.