How many songs do you have in iTunes?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    1472 songs, 3 days 10 hours 40 minutes 7 seconds total time, 4.52 GB
  • Reply 22 of 36
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I think I win the award for smallest number of songs.

I have 54 or so in iTunes. I have about 280 in my MP3 folder as well.

Sometimes I don't get you freaks with thousands of songs. Where have you ever heard about all of these songs? I generally like songs that aren't played much, or not at all on the radio and it takes me a long time to hear about them from camp friends etc. since nearly all of my class like whatever rap is on MTV.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    About 250.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    1257 Songs, 3:13:17:08 total time, 5.47 GB

Plus a bunch of crap that is on my HD but not loaded into iTunes... All my stuff is 160 kbit minimum. Yay me!
  • Reply 25 of 36
    606 songs, 1:19:26:48 total time, 3.54 GB.

All stored on my iPod to. :cool:
  • Reply 26 of 36
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>I think I win the award for smallest number of songs.

I have 54 or so in iTunes. I have about 280 in my MP3 folder as well.

Sometimes I don't get you freaks with thousands of songs. Where have you ever heard about all of these songs? I generally like songs that aren't played much, or not at all on the radio and it takes me a long time to hear about them from camp friends etc. since nearly all of my class like whatever rap is on MTV.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm. Freaks. Me no like. I didn't download many MP3's off Napster and don't use LimWire or similar programs. I just have a large collection of CDs which I converted to MP3s. My iMac is my music station now. Much easier to select a playlist or an album on my iMac that search for the CD, take it out, put it in the CD player, turn on the stereo...
  • Reply 27 of 36
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mithras:

<strong>

Personally, I only like having complete albums. I don't like cherrypicking songs, and I don't like downloading from the Internet, because it's hard to get good, complete albums.

Likewise, I don't really get the fascination with playlists. I like to listen to a complete album, or sometimes a random mix within a genre, but don't really enjoy lists of single songs. Just my feeling, though.

I've had to upgrade my hard drive two times now to keep up...

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Mithras ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

how do you add genre to the browse "shelf"?

I have 1182 songs, 5.86 GBs.

97 percent are CD rips. I just started adding a few albums I downloaded.

Would be a lot more if CDs weren't so expensive
  • Reply 28 of 36
    ah... figured it out. itunes help works
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Hard to get full albums from the internet? Please, I'm selling unreleased cds at school. Recently I sold the Britney Spears cd to a girl before it came out and I checked the cd after I burned it and it was great quality.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Do any of you use a stereo or anything? My Monsoons kick the cheesy RCA microsystem I have all around so it only gets use for Red Sox games. All music is played on my Mac.

My one complaint is that when I play Unreal Tournament the music only plays the song was originally playing as I loaded UT...after it finishes, the music stops. I'd rather listen to my music than whatever UT's stuff is.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Hard to get full albums from the internet? Please, I'm selling unreleased cds at school. Recently I sold the Britney Spears cd to a girl before it came out and I checked the cd after I burned it and it was great quality.</strong><hr></blockquote>

funny... this is a big "business" at my school as well. I just always wish that one day the cops would come and lock them up.

kid came in today. list of about 100 albums. 4 bucks a piece.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    1146 songs, 11:01:11:31 total time 20.21 GB
  • Reply 33 of 36
    2079 at the moment, should be growing this weekend.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    Just over 2200 at the moment, should be over 3000 in a week or so...

and I also should have 1000 in my pocket pretty soon
  • Reply 35 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    2554, all but one ripped from CDs, and more on the way.

Lots more on the way once I get the necessary equipment to rip from vinyl. :cool:
  • Reply 36 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>2554, all but one ripped from CDs, and more on the way.

Lots more on the way once I get the necessary equipment to rip from vinyl. :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

same here

have the equipment, just need the time