Clarendon Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm going to be at the Apple Store Clarendon Grand Opening on Staurday and have a few questions:

-First and foremost, who's going?

-What kind of parking is there?

-What kind of neighborhood it it?

-Anything else I should know?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    use the metro!
  • Reply 2 of 23
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I have yet to see one, Jobs even said they were going to avoid fair Austin.

I would love to see one, the pictures look super cool.

Oh so pretty, but oh so spendy.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>I have yet to see one, Jobs even said they were going to avoid fair Austin.

I would love to see one, the pictures look super cool.

Oh so pretty, but oh so spendy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, those bastards skipped caldwell, texas too...

ignorant saps
  • Reply 4 of 23
    bahahhaa

and dc has &gt;2&lt;
  • Reply 5 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>bahahhaa

and dc has &gt;2&lt;</strong><hr></blockquote>

oh yeah?!?!?!?

well c'mere jonny buddy...i got a lil somthin fer ya
  • Reply 6 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    What about the southeast being entirely devoid of Apple Stores? How lame is that? Atlanta? Hell, even Charlotte. Someplace within driving distance of here
  • Reply 7 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>What about the southeast being entirely devoid of Apple Stores? How lame is that? Atlanta? Hell, even Charlotte. Someplace within driving distance of here </strong><hr></blockquote>

well at least the Bay Area has plenty...

maybe some day theyl share...

but hey, the west coast and northeast are more prone to change, instead of conforming and doing what everyone else does like here in texas...

the south is usually too conservative for change, which isnt great fer innovation, which is what apple relies on.

so being stuck in a stagnant state, thers no point to trying to push us into new technology...

people here are happy w/ the status quo and whats always been accepted, which is why every dumass is driving a truck...and using them as cars...

idiots..........
  • Reply 8 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong>use the metro!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I was thinking.

So, I take it Jonathan and Nebagakid will be there, or is my assumption wrong?
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I went by the Apple Store this morning. Here's my report:

-The store is almost ready, finishing touches were bieng placed on the doors, etc.

-The software was about half stocked.

-All of the computers are up and running.

-The store is "outdoor".

-The store is located in a really nice outdoor makk, with Williams-Sonoma next to it, a two story Barnes and Noble at the end of the horse shoe.

-There is a Parking Garage for the mall.

I's aiming to be there no later than 8:00 AM on Staurday. What time are those who are coming planning to be there?
  • Reply 10 of 23
    I don't know if I will be there or not.

Do you all want to arrange a meet-up?

Escher?
  • Reply 11 of 23

<strong>I don't know if I will be there or not.

Do you all want to arrange a meet-up?

Escher?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure! How about by the genius bar/theater?

I'll be wearing my black As the Apple Turns shirt. I'm about 6'2 and I'm 14 (I will be 15 on Dec 22).

What do you all look like?
  • Reply 12 of 23
    I WISH i could go and get that t-shirt....but i have play practice at 10 o'clock in DC, so unless i can somehow come an hour late ( i would show up at the store early...very early) i wont be there!
  • Reply 13 of 23
    *Bump*

Does anyone else know if they're going?
  • Reply 14 of 23
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member

<strong>Escher?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm stuck at the library writing papers and studying for exams. Two weeks of hell... here I come. Should be all downhill once I have taken my Corporations exam Monday morning and handed in my 25 pager on the regulation of financial web portals as broker-dealers. Yeuck!

I like the McLean Apple store because it's right next to L.L. Bean. Williams-Sonoma is tempting, though.

Escher
  • Reply 15 of 23
    i finally made it here! yahh!!!! and with my girlfriend

edit: I made it out there with a t-shirt!

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Nebagakid ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>What about the southeast being entirely devoid of Apple Stores? How lame is that? Atlanta? Hell, even Charlotte. Someplace within driving distance of here </strong><hr></blockquote>

The Durham (NC) one opens in March or so, as part of the brand-new Shops at South Square (I might be off on the name; forgive me). There's strong rumor about one in Atlanta -- Lenox Square Mall, I think? (Again, not 100% sure on the name.) And a few months ago, there were rumors of one in Savannah, GA -- I'm assuming that's due to the school of design there.

And don't forget -- Memphis has one.

I would say "How about the Florida stores?" in response to you saying there's none in the Southeast, but . . . Florida is its own planet, really.

What really pisses me off is that, as a DC-area native, raised in Maryland with a healthy dislike of VA (hehehe), I'm insulted that Maryland has yet to get an Apple Store, while VA just got its second. Let me point out, for those who don't know that Virginia is the HOME OF NRA HEADQUARTERS. Let that sink in for a moment.

The District or Maryland need an Apple Store before Virginia gets a second. Or one in good ol' Bawlmer (Baltimore, to everyone else). But not a second one in Virginia. Moronic. Absolutely moronic.

OK, that's my bit for now. Thanks.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by CommonSense:

<strong>

The Durham (NC) one opens in March or so, as part of the brand-new Shops at South Square (I might be off on the name; forgive me). There's strong rumor about one in Atlanta -- Lenox Square Mall, I think? (Again, not 100% sure on the name.) And a few months ago, there were rumors of one in Savannah, GA -- I'm assuming that's due to the school of design there.

And don't forget -- Memphis has one.

I would say "How about the Florida stores?" in response to you saying there's none in the Southeast, but . . . Florida is its own planet, really.

What really pisses me off is that, as a DC-area native, raised in Maryland with a healthy dislike of VA (hehehe), I'm insulted that Maryland has yet to get an Apple Store, while VA just got its second. Let me point out, for those who don't know that Virginia is the HOME OF NRA HEADQUARTERS. Let that sink in for a moment.

The District or Maryland need an Apple Store before Virginia gets a second. Or one in good ol' Bawlmer (Baltimore, to everyone else). But not a second one in Virginia. Moronic. Absolutely moronic.

OK, that's my bit for now. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I got a chance to talk with the manager while I was standing in line, and she said that they took the Clarandon store because it was a good peice of real estate and that they thought they could support two stores in the vininity. Maryland will come soon. (Though what I think is that we need is another Northern Virginia store.)
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I'd think that a Georgetown store would have been better than Clarendon...

but that's just me. I'd be working there if it existed.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    The Dulles Town Center mall (www.shopdullestowncenter.com) would be a great mall for Apple to open at (although that's just my opinion).
  • Reply 20 of 23
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member

<strong>I'd think that a Georgetown store would have been better than Clarendon...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wonder how a suburban mall (like Clarendon or Tyce's Corner) compares to Georgetown rent- and traffic-wise. I bet you anything that the Gap expertise brought on board (pun intended) by Micky Drexler has helped in picking store locations that offer maximum traffic of affluent customers (and thus maximum sales) for (relatively) minimal rent.

I tend to think that the number of people who shop in Georgetown is limited to affluent locals, whether they be college kids or part of the DC professional and political elite, and people who would like to be Georgetown locals. Georgetown's abysmal public transport access doesn't help the situation either. I'll bet you anything that suburban malls generate significantly more traffic and the increase is significant enough to make up for the lower spending power of visitors.

Escher