Palisades Apple Store (West Nyack, NY)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Now that the crownd has died down a lot I've gotta say that the grand openings are great. It's so exciting to be a part of it and everything. It was definately worth getting up at 5:45 this morning.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    I got up late because I have a soar throat and I'm miserable. So I missed the grand opening but ended up getting there at 9:30. The crowd wasn't too big and I got a t-shirt (two actually thanks to my significant other) anyway.

So I'm glad I got to sleep a little later.

Everything I was looking for was not there

Final Cut Pro 3 upgrade - they still had 2.0 on the shelf but it just came out afterall.

Quake 3 Gold - no where to be found, even asked for it. They had it at the "stop and save software" store on the 4th floor though.

Virtual PC 5 - this just came out too

Quicktime Pro - I was hoping they'd have it on CD to buy, no dice. You can only buy it online.

Whats up with the bouncer at the front door? I felt like I was in a club and he was going to check my ID. Heh, didn't he look like a bouncer? (the guy giving out the t-shirts)
  • Reply 23 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>Whats up with the bouncer at the front door? I felt like I was in a club and he was going to check my ID. Heh, didn't he look like a bouncer? (the guy giving out the t-shirts)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, he kinda did look like a bouncer.

I was surprised about the crowd. There was almost no one there until a little while before the opening. Once open, it was pretty busy but then it died down quite a bit. I was there until a little after 12 then I decided to leave. I spent a lot of time in the kids section because my feet hurt so much that I had to sit so I was surfing (mostly AI) on one of the iMacs.

Overall, it was a cool experience since this was my first grand opening, but not what I expected.

PS: What was up with the employees and the colored hair?
  • Reply 24 of 33
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    sorry I missed it.. neither of my parents wanted to give me a ride up to the mall and I was pretty tired as well.

glad to hear it was good. I'll be visiting the store soon
  • Reply 25 of 33
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    For what it's worth, I was at the Salem, NH store this morning. The store opened early, but my cousins and I got in and out with a shirt with no problem. We left because they are so young, and I was afraid of getting seperated from them.

So we left and did their Christmas shopping, and then we visited the store at around 11:15 again. It was a LOT less crowded, but people were still buying lots of stuff.

It's a definite advantage to be able to buy Macs Tax Free up here in NH. I bet this store gets a lot of big buyers.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    applenut, let me know when you're gunna go to the store so maybe we can meet up.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    yea definitely. I'll let ya know
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Yeah, green hair, right? What was up with that? I think I only saw 2 people with it though.

I also noticed a lot of people buying stuff at the Store. Mostly software. They sure had a lot of iPod boxes around. They're tiny. If not for that big bouncer guy.....ehhh nevermind
  • Reply 29 of 33
    There was also some red hair and I think some purple too.

I was there from the time the store opened until after 12 and I saw so many people buy software and only two people buying computers- one Snow iMac and one 867 G4 with 17" Studio Display.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    For those of you who went to the store, did you buy anything? I got one of those Keyspan Digital Media Remotes. I've wanted one for about a year now so I figured it was a good time to get one.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    An iMac!? Don't people read rumors sites?!

Like I said above, everything I went looking for to buy was not there
  • Reply 32 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>An iMac!? Don't people read rumors sites?!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL, that's what I was thinking too.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    I'm here at the Apple Store again and I had went up to CompUSA for a minute and I was shocked. In the Mac section there's now an Apple employee. He was cleaning everything up and he was going up to everyone in the Mac section asking if they needed help. Now that Apple's at the mall CompUSA gets its act together. Go figure.