Samsung 'puzzled' as South Korean carriers upstage Galaxy S5 launch with early sales

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

In which country was the head of a major electronics firm convicted of bribery (among other things) and pardoned, effectively getting off scot free?

Which Korea?

I am saddened that we cannot build an objective and constructive discussion.

Yes, Korea may not be perfect and have companies that engage in questionable practices.  But why label the whole country as such?  Which country's government is hacking and spying without any repercussions? (USA) Which country had a national unity marketing campaign that was actually a way of laundering money for campaigning with no penalties other than a never ending lawsuit? (Canada)  Which country had financial institutions play with people's credit bringing a financial crises still affecting many to this date with their CEO's still free and in some instances getting bonuses? (USA)

So if you label a country that you allege is home to an unethical company as a land without law, will you say that countries that are home to war criminals are also a land without law?  You can condemn the company or individual that you think breaks the law but to condemn and label the country borders is politically incorrect (I'm trying to avoid using the "r" word)

• Reply 42 of 43
    Samsung should forget the coordinated protocol and simply get as many Galaxy S5 smartphones sold as possible.  A two weeks earlier head-start means a better window to get more S5 units sold before Apple comes out with a new iPhone.

You and Samsung seem to think 'premature release' is a good thing. :)
  • Reply 43 of 43
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMaple View Post

I am saddened that we cannot build an objective and constructive discussion.

Yes, Korea may not be perfect and have companies that engage in questionable practices.  But why label the whole country as such?  Which country's government is hacking and spying without any repercussions? (USA) Which country had a national unity marketing campaign that was actually a way of laundering money for campaigning with no penalties other than a never ending lawsuit? (Canada)  Which country had financial institutions play with people's credit bringing a financial crises still affecting many to this date with their CEO's still free and in some instances getting bonuses? (USA)

So if you label a country that you allege is home to an unethical company as a land without law, will you say that countries that are home to war criminals are also a land without law?  You can condemn the company or individual that you think breaks the law but to condemn and label the country borders is politically incorrect (I'm trying to avoid using the "r" word)

North Korea, South Korea are both inhabited by Koreans.

Pointing out a series of events which occurred in South Korea can in no way be construed as racist.