First look: Hands on with Office for iPad from Microsoft's event in San Francisco

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

All I see is one picture and one grey rectangle window. Guess that's where the stream is. Probably Silverlight...

Thanks though

edit: just watched in on my Mac. Good presentation. Really looking forward to see their innovations for the new Windows version next week.

You're welcome :)

I'm also intrigued as to what is in store for the new version of Office. 

iWorks is more than enough for my requirements but I still have a soft-spot for good old Office... 

• Reply 62 of 67
    I HATE this review. Subscription models are simply UNACCEPTABLE for a large number of people. Therefore, this software is crap. Subscriptions don't go with certain personalities
  • Reply 63 of 67
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

BTW2, this is the best implementation of the ribbon menu that I've seen in any MS product.

Ugh.  Next can you point me to the best implementation of ... um, something else that really sucks.  Sorry, I thought I could up up with a good metaphor when I started that sentence.  Apparently my complete and utter distain for the ribbon menu and its unique ability to misplace and hide commands in plain sight threw me off.  I'll try to do better next time.

• Reply 64 of 67
    DED is probably cooking up a hot mess as I type this. Should be shocking and appalling, as per ever. Every time I read (the first paragraph of) one of his "articles" by mistake I consider deleting my AI bookmark and going back to macrumors.

I like the other writers, as a rule, more than the macrumors writers, though.

As you prefer trash to quality writing, you should return to macrumors.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    karotto wrote: »
    I HATE this review. Subscription models are simply UNACCEPTABLE for a large number of people. Therefore, this software is crap. Subscriptions don't go with certain personalities
    Wow you decide a piece of software is crap because of the pricing policy and not what it can offer or do!
    Subscription models are here to stay. If anything they are more likely. Just like physical media the time of buying at a one off price for a version of big productivty suites are numbered.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    sdw2001 wrote: »
    It looks great. And I'm never buying it. $99 a year is completely absurd. As a teacher, I can buy full Office for Mac for what...$150? Why in the world would I subscribe to Office 365 for $100 a year?
    for the ability to have office suite on 5 pcs/macs and 5 tablets. Though you wouldnt get publisher or access on the mac.
    Ymmv but for some its a good deal for others its not and for some its never on my computer you blood sucking bastid of a company.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    howiehowie Posts: 68member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NJ Analyst View Post

A major problem is the inability to connect to DropBox or any other non-Microsoft cloud. For this reason, I could not read any of my MS-Office docs, spreadsheets, or presentations with MS-Office for iPad. I won't be trying the iPad Office until this is worked out.

The simplest solution here is for Microsoft to give users the ability to map their other cloud drives into OneDrive. In that way, you must use OneDrive, but within it you have access to Dropbox and others.