BlackBerry wins injunction, sales ban against 'Typo' iPhone keyboard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    So Blackberry can quickly get a sales injunction for this but Apple can't get injunctions on Samsung devices even after blatantly copying the iPhone and iPad? What the fk is wrong with our judicial system????
  • Reply 22 of 30
    djkikromedjkikrome Posts: 189member
    Where was Lucy Koh on this judgement?
  • Reply 23 of 30
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

Its one of the nicest bt keyboard cases you can buy.  So its not perfect.  I've seen and used it, berry addicts immediately take to it and like it.

Cool, but where do  the berry addicts carry it? It is like way too tall for pockets.

• Reply 24 of 30
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    freerange wrote: »
    So Blackberry can quickly get a sales injunction for this but Apple can't get injunctions on Samsung devices even after blatantly copying the iPhone and iPad? What the fk is wrong with our judicial system????

It's a much simpler case with just one obviously offending simple product.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Yes, the keyboards design is like the blackberry bold but the layout for the keyboard was from Palm so... I don't think id buy that and its pricy.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    mnbob1mnbob1 Posts: 269member
    The only reason users like the keyboard on the Blackberry is it was the only option available in order to get a "smartphone". I had multiple company issued BB phones that I endured for 5 years. I can't remember the model of the first one but the thing was huge! At least the keys on that one were a little easier to handle. I hated the tiny keys and interface that in many cases wasn't intuitive as they got smaller. A year and a half ago they switched to iPhones. What a difference! Apple's iOS is easy to learn because of the touch interface. Granted the iOS touch keyboards could use improvement and allowing 3rd party software keyboards to be selected as defaults for the system and for individual apps would be the best way to handle it. But why would I want to spend money on a keyboard case that makes my iPhone into a system I hated? I know there are plenty of BB lovers out there that are upset that this case is not available anymore especially if they didn't know it existed until this article was written.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Wherever there's a celebrity endorsement, there's a crappy product.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Does BB honestly think this some how impacted their ability to sell more BB. Usually when you are award an injunction against selling more product, the Patent holder usually has to show it has adversely affected their own sales.

Hell, they did not stop Samsung from selling their copycat products and Apple show they did in fact affect their sales.

I guess in some twisted way BB think by getting this product off the market they will get back those few people who prefer the physical keyboard over a virtual keyboard.

• Reply 29 of 30
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    applecpa wrote: »
    Wherever there's a celebrity endorsement, there's a crappy product.

I gather he's a co-owner of the venture.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    applecpaapplecpa Posts: 28member
    jeffdm wrote: »
    I gather he's a co-owner of the venture.
    Ok...whenever there's a celebrity co-owner there's a crappy product