Who is going to buy tommorow?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am sitting at my computer wide awake until the keynote is over and am ready to drop $1,500 to $1,600 on a new iMac or iBook.Most likely I will be the owner of a new iBook.

Anyone else buying regardless of what happens tommorow?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I am getting the mid-range PM, no matter what happens. I really need a replacement for my Rev. A iMac.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    If G5's are announced, I'll definitely get one. If just slightly speed bumped G4s, I'm going to have to think about it. If they are far beyong the Ghz point, yeah I'll probably get the low-end one. It will all depend. I plan on watching the keynote and can't wait to see what happens!
  • Reply 3 of 43
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I'm going to drop $1500 on the bottom-level portable at the end of the summer. Maybe $2000 on a souped-up iBook, or maybe a Powerbook if prices get that low.

Definitely a portable, though. I'm going away to school, and need my mobility.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I have $5k+ to drop so I am greatly anticipating the towers + cinema display.

I won't get anything if it's the current G4s simply bumped to 1.0ghz. I want at least DDR, faster bus, and possibly some cosmetic changes (at least) to the QS case(eject button, different speaker). I didn't like the QS when the spy photos were leaked last summer and that's why I didn't get a tower then or now. If it stays the same I guess my upgrade will wait another 6 months.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    tcotco Posts: 87member
    iBook here.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I wish I could order something that's announced tomorrow but of course my parents won't let me and they won't let me sell my iBook to get something new either.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    I just sold my DP800 in anticipation of buying some phat new system tomorrow. But since I also have an iBook, I am in a position to sit on my $3k if Apple doesnt deliver the goods.
  • Reply 8 of 43
    iWalk, iPod, iBook, plus an iMac for my sister.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I am not buying anything tomorrow unless Apple comes out with a certain device I've been waiting for.
  • Reply 10 of 43
    off topic-

Where do you guys usually sell your systems at? I might pass my G4 450 to my wife after she sells her iMac to a nieghbor and I get a new tower. But if I can sell my G4 I might be able to get her the new iMac.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    meat99meat99 Posts: 46member
    I'm definetly gonna buy. I threw my dual 500 up on ebay and got 1865.00 for it!! Tomorrow cant come fast enough!

/ t
  • Reply 12 of 43
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    I've got $800 to blow on some toy of some sort and I have $5000 in my business startup fund.

If they announce some cool iDevice I'll give it a hard look. I kind of hope it's a household DVD/stereo set top box thing cause I am actually in the market to consolidate my (and start) my home theatre. I don't own a DVD or Surround sound setup yet and would love to have Apple be the centerpiece of it.

Not holding my breath though.

I could feasibly buy a superfast comp toorrow but it has to be a real cheap screamer.

What if, Apple finally matched the "value" of a PC. (disregard the WInblows OS argument)

What if you could get a killer machine from Apple with Dual 1.6 Ghz for say.. $2299.

I'd buy tomorrow then

MSKR
  • Reply 13 of 43
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    depends on what comes out.

My G4/400 AGP is more than adequate for myself right now but if Apple came out with a kick ass G4 imac with superdrive or a Powermac G5 I would likely consider buying.

I may buy a display though depending on if the displays get updated. I want an 18 inch Cinema Display
  • Reply 14 of 43
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    [quote]I'm definetly gonna buy. I threw my dual 500 up on ebay and got 1865.00 for it!! Tomorrow cant come fast enough!<hr></blockquote>

Damn, theres an idiot born everyday.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    meat99meat99 Posts: 46member
    whats up with that?
  • Reply 16 of 43
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    I have about $2000 to drop, so this is what I'd buy,

I'm in the market for a new digicam, so definitely iCam, or whatever comes out (if anything), I'd also consider an apple video camera, since I'm soon embarking on a project I want to document thuroughly.

I'd also consider an iBook, but only if it had a 1ghz G3, or a G4 (any speed). Then I'd sell my pismo.

If they did the iDock thing, the flatscreen imac with the removeable tablet display thing, then I'd get one, and keep my pismo.

I'd buy an apple pda in a heartbeat, but only if I could use it as a cellphone. I'm intent on buying a handspring treo as soon as they go on sale to replace my visor phone, so I would only go for it if they had good phone capability.

other than that, I'm not really interested in powermacs, G5 or not, I've had a notebook for four years, and can't imagine not being able to take my computer with me everywhere I go.

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 17 of 43
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    I'm waiting to MWNY

of course i've been saying that for three years now hehehehehheeh
  • Reply 18 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by meat99:

<strong>I'm definetly gonna buy. I threw my dual 500 up on ebay and got 1865.00 for it!! Tomorrow cant come fast enough!

/ t</strong><hr></blockquote>

SO you sold your G4 on eBay? What about your monitor? How are you going to ship it? My concern would be shipping the 17" CRT Apple monitor. Is eBay the best place to sell?
  • Reply 19 of 43
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>I have $5k+ to drop so I am greatly anticipating the towers + cinema display.

I won't get anything if it's the current G4s simply bumped to 1.0ghz. I want at least DDR, faster bus, and possibly some cosmetic changes (at least) to the QS case(eject button, different speaker). I didn't like the QS when the spy photos were leaked last summer and that's why I didn't get a tower then or now. If it stays the same I guess my upgrade will wait another 6 months.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My situation almost exactly. The rumor that displays will be discounted when buying a Mac could entice me to buy one. Probably a mid-range model unless the high end has something special - like a SuperDrive II.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    [quote]Originally posted by meat99:

<strong>whats up with that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think he means the person who paid that much for your dual 500 is an idiot.

-Moazam