Samsung objects to U.S. patent video for jurors because it depicts Apple devices

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    waybacmac wrote: »
    We'll look at what we have here... Now those South Korean photocopiers have gone after Philips and copied their lightbulbs!

Scamsung, you're a bloody fucking parasite, and hope you drop dead! I already boycott all your products, and no longer have a single one in my house. I've gotten several of my peers at work to do the same, and I will never stop getting people to switch away from you.
    Bestwazifa
  • Reply 62 of 68
    kron1kkron1k Posts: 1member
    The funniest picture was the attorney and inventor...the attorney's laptop looked big and bricky. Also samsung can't complain...Apple has a patent where there's someone working on a MacBook at Starbucks. That was legit as it gets
  • Reply 63 of 68
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Wow. Haha! So the Goverment makes a video and then samsung makes there own cause there was Apple products in it. Maybe they did the same video but with plastic and samsung ads around every corner
  • Reply 64 of 68

No, they should just re-make it with Samsung's revolutionary smart phone that looked just like the iPhone they were helping assemble at their factory.

Then they'll have to strike the jury because everyone will still think it's an example of an iPhone representing Apple as being innovate and worthy of patents.

• Reply 65 of 68
    slurpy wrote: »
    Just when I thought Samsung couldn't sink any lower. What the ****? Apple products are one of MANY shown in the video. So the video will prejudice the jurors because it suggests that Apple products exist?

What a despicable, slimy company, throwing all the shit at the wall that they can. 

Next, Samsung protests that nothing is patentable and that there is honour among thieves.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    Are those stock photos from the 80s?

Maybe, but I didn't see Aitken or Waterman.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    weejock wrote: »
    Seems like a perfectly valid complaint to me. Imagine if the same video were used in a patent dispute between Dell and another company, or Apple and some patent troll firm. It's already been mentioned that this introduces an unnecessary and easily-avoided source of objection.

All the products shown in the video could be made generic. There's no need to have so many shots of device casings, when the information could be conveyed just as effectively using shots of just the information on the screen or maybe paper instead.

Companies pay huge monies for product placement in movies and TV shows because it will affect what people are likely to buy. It seems like a complete no-brainer that a video designed for use in the courtroom should take every step to avoid introducing bias.

Au contraire. It would be better to show as many Apple products as possible in the patent video. That way, it will seep in to the consciousness of the jury that good must prevail.