I met steve today (pics)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    The once and future CEOs of Apple together in one photo!

Sure, sure, "I left my pass..."

If I could pick one AI member to meet Steve besides myself, you'd be the one. Way to go, Michaelm!

Jeff

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 51
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    That's really cool. What exactly did you talk to him about for those couple of minutes? Did you have to get special permission to go back into the Hall or did you just walk right in to look for the badge? (I hope you found it, btw).

I'm sure you dropped hints about how much we want a new PDA, though, right?
  • Reply 23 of 51
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Mikey is my hero, he's always doing fun crap like this.

What I wouldn't give to have such enthusiasm and optimism!

Keep on truckin', mike.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    If I went to MacWorld, I would have whipped up a special, one-off AppleInsider T-Shirt just for the occasion.

Though, I'm sure Steve would have called security the moment he saw it.
  • Reply 25 of 51
    eepeep Posts: 17member

I thought steve had a body, or is that just a dock so he can interface to his mac and recharge?
  • Reply 26 of 51
    What did you two talk about? My wish is to meet Steve too.

http://homepage.mac.com/michael_m/.cv/michael_m/Sites/.Pictures/MWSF 2002/MEANDS~1.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

Tabloid material, LOL!
  • Reply 27 of 51
    MichaelM:

I don't know what you do for a living, but your wire mounted iMAc design was bitching cool, and closest (IMO) to the 'spirit' (if not the form) of the new iMac of all the mockups I saw.

You should try to get a job with Ives and co; it's obvious you are on their wavelength. (Then, come back to AI and leak the good stuff. ) I'm serious; you seem to have the talent and whiz bang thinking to be in design.

SdC
  • Reply 28 of 51
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Hey Michael:

If I were you I should be with a hammer.....get it???
  • Reply 29 of 51
    [quote]Dude, Mike! I haven't seen your picture since the one on AI Community Pics.<hr></blockquote>

hahaha, so i'm not the only one that noticed he looks about 5 years older. i was expecting a wormy lookin kid in his socks (no offense! you're growin up!)

i think he just throws us off with the spelling!

(oh by the way, i like the snow mouse mod. apparently, so did steve! you should ask for a free one, since it was your idea and all )

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: poor taylor ]</p>
  • Reply 30 of 51
    I just cant get over that Jobs pic where he looks like he is having an orgasm. Outrageous tabloid material! ROFLTMAO

COVER OF TIME WHEN THE IMac FLOPS (kidding)

:eek:
  • Reply 31 of 51
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    Michael, it couldn't have happened to a worthier Mac fan. Congrats and well done.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>MichaelM:

I don't know what you do for a living, but your wire mounted iMAc design was bitching cool, and closest (IMO) to the 'spirit' (if not the form) of the new iMac of all the mockups I saw.

You should try to get a job with Ives and co; it's obvious you are on their wavelength. (Then, come back to AI and leak the good stuff. ) I'm serious; you seem to have the talent and whiz bang thinking to be in design.

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks a lot. I told Steve " I guess you do not know this yet, but in a couple of years I am going to be working for apple" he said " Geat! Go for it!"

About the new Mikes Snow Pro Mouse knock off that apple just came out with . I whent nuts in the keynote when I saw that. I was holding mine at the time. listen when he shows that slide I am sure you will here me.

I met Phil for the second time today. We were crossing the street at the same time. I said hi and that I saw him at apple the other day but I did not say hi beacuse he looked very bissy. He said "Yes I always am" he was sort of an ass.
  • Reply 33 of 51
    Yeah....sometimes people who look cool in public can be an ass in person.

Same to when I was meeing with couple of well know media producers. They are very cool in interviews and such but when I meet and talk to them in person they were real ass. Looked me down and treated me like shit.
  • Reply 34 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>Yeah....sometimes people who look cool in public can be an ass in person.

Same to when I was meeing with couple of well know media producers. They are very cool in interviews and such but when I meet and talk to them in person they were real ass. Looked me down and treated me like shit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Phill was not that bad. He was just not to nice. I did not feel that he was to friendly.

Steve thogh was very nice.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    In Phil's case I think you meant sometimes people who look like a doofus in public can be an ass in person.

Jeff

Edit: dofus? doofus? dufus? Maybe I should have said dork!

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 36 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>In Phil's case I think you meant sometimes people who look like a doofus in public can be an ass in person.

Jeff

Edit: dofus? doofus? dufus? Maybe I should have said dork!

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't mean Phil is cool

Michael's 'experience' makes me remember what had happened to me.....
  • Reply 37 of 51
    "I told Steve " I guess you do not know this yet, but in a couple of years I am going to be working for apple" he said " Geat! Go for it!"

I bet if someone said that to him after Macworld New York last year he would have fired them in advance!

Or maybe hired them on the spot, come to think of it.

Jeff

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 38 of 51
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    [quote] No slot loading.<hr></blockquote>

I think the tray load design is great.

It keeps the lines to a minimum.

It also makes it easier to incorporate new drive technologies in the future.

I guess it is maybe just me though.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>

Thanks a lot. I told Steve " I guess you do not know this yet, but in a couple of years I am going to be working for apple" he said " Geat! Go for it!"

About the new Mikes Snow Pro Mouse knock off that apple just came out with . I whent nuts in the keynote when I saw that. I was holding mine at the time. listen when he shows that slide I am sure you will here me.

I met Phil for the second time today. We were crossing the street at the same time. I said hi and that I saw him at apple the other day but I did not say hi beacuse he looked very bissy. He said "Yes I always am" he was sort of an ass.</strong><hr></blockquote>

He probably means he's ALWAYS busier than the average kid. Adults are funny that way.
  • Reply 40 of 51
    evil edevil ed Posts: 106member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cobra:

<strong>

I think the tray load design is great.

It keeps the lines to a minimum.

It also makes it easier to incorporate new drive technologies in the future.

I guess it is maybe just me though. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you think they had much of a choice? I mean, can you get SuperDrives in slot-loading form?