Judge denies Apple motion to stay upcoming e-books damages trial

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    As someone who opposed apples actions in that other claim of cartel - the wage fixing - I am totally on their side here. I don't think I've ever heard a case where a vertical player ( one who buys from or is upstream from the other actors) has been accused of a cartel when not a monopoly. It's as if an local goods store was accused of cartel like qualities in a town where Walmart predominated because the store made an agreement to sell above walmart's price.

And why are all the states involved and where is their justification for their absurd losses ( especially as consumers have been reimbursed). It's a shakedown pure and simple.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Why can't Apple request a non biased judge, like Koh?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

6/10, got a snort out of me.

• Reply 24 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I don't think that's necessarily the case, it's a negotiation, and Apple has some leverage, controlling one of the biggest digital reading platforms out there. They put technical restrictions on apps before they allow them on iTunes (such as sandboxing) and they could put technical requirements on books also (such as no DRM). If Apple wanted to make that stand they could. The publishers could all leave, but they could back down too. It's a negotiation.

No they don't, Apple are blocked from negotiation en masse with the publishers due to this stupid cow of a judge.

• Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

A just judge would be even better.